[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Your DWP file, or in fact any file about you anywhere held on a computer. If you don't think the information is accurate you can make a formal request for it to be changed. Just Google "Freedom of information Act" They can only refuse a request of a few grounds. Hampshire refused to answer a requ...
<t>It would be a good idea to get you mum some new glasses before she has her operation. I've had both knees replaced, TV was my saviour. I'm usually keen on needlework and reading but didn't sew for about 3 months. It's a very tiring operation, so don't worry if mum doesn't have much energy, and sh...
Did you know that you are entitled to look at your file under the Freedom of Information Act? Jill
<t>Dear Ann,<br/> <br/> This really does feel so utterly unfair and unlawful. It seems unbelievable in this day and age that a solicitor can do this. There really should be someone around who could kick this solicitor where it hurts, but I'm totally at a loss to know who I'm afraid. My thoughts are ...
<t>Try googling "Holiday Grants for the disabled". There are all sorts of things available, I can't promise that they will be suitable for you, but there's a possibility. Our local Rotary Club have funded various things for disabled people locally, perhaps someone (GP, Social Worker) could contact t...
<t>You are clearly very stressed, so you need to work out your priorities for the 1) next week 2) the next month, and 3) the next year. Start writing the lists. I know it will be difficult but it's important. It will help you focus on what your priorities are, they are your lists, for you alone, and...
<t>If you are caring for your disabled mum, then I believe a recent judgement said that you are also covered by the Disability Discrimination legislation? This requires people to make "reasonable adjustments" for you. If you want the assessment to be completed at home, then you can ask for that. If ...
<t>An email from a friend has reminded me that I DO voluntary work, but I'd forgotten all about it, despite the fact that it's quite important! I live on the edge of the New Forest, and have become, by pure chance, the local residents planning consultant, protecting our corner of the Forest from unw...
<t>This is good news. I hope very much that the council will give you a "safe" house location, in view of your current troubles. Long ago I was working for my Duke of Edinburgh's award, and we had to do some community service. I wonder if a similar group, or perhaps Scouts, could help you do some de...
<t>There is so much wasted talent amongst carers. As an untrained social worker (in those days you had to be at least 21 to study for formal qualifications) I had a caseload of almost 200 elderly and disabled people, and I know I made a real difference. I studied for my Honours degree in Business St...