[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>The dishonest carer who was found out was working for mum's care agency, the caree lives only a few roads from mum. Most of the girls are honest and hardworking. My mum had a fairly stable set of carers until December, when a new scheme was introduced. All carers had to phone the office the momen...
<t>Both my mum and my son use carers from a care agency, and I'm absolutely positive that they are being consistently short changed - charged for care which hasn't been provided. I'm fed up with this and want to buy a security camera, motion activated. Mum has the ideal spot, in a room she never goe...
<t>My mum was discharged at 5pm on friday, with a newly fitted long term catheter. She can't manage to empty the bag herself, so carers were arranged at new times so that they could attend to the bag. Not one carer this weekend visiting mum had been told about the newly fitted catheter. One arrived ...
<t>I couldn't agree more about nurses stations. The system would work a lot better if the nurses were on a rota with a duty to deal with any relative who needs information, or ordered to speak to visitors to the patients they were overseeing. Hospitals are all focussed on making one problem better b...
<t>I came to bed really early tonight, 8pm, too tired to do anything rather than watch TV snuggled down in bed.......until 11pm. Lifeline phone call, mum fallen again, paramedics called. Fortunately this time the paramedic was able to pick mum up off the floor, once she'd rested in his chair for a f...
<t>Hi Zebada,<br/> I went through a similar bad patch when my son was little. He was brain damaged at birth, with a brother 2 years older, and we were trying to restore a cottage from a dump to a palace. I was in jeans and sweatshirt constantly, such a shame looking back. You should have been put in...
<t>Hi Gemma,<br/> It might be worth having a word with your course leader. My college had a Hardship Fund for undergraduates who were struggling financially. I hope there is one for you, we need more good social workers who really care. Alternatively, is there anyone who could approach the Rotary Cl...
Hi Rosie,
Sorry to hear about your husband's declining health. It might be worth asking Carers UK for a benefit check, just to make sure that you are getting all the help which you are entitled to.
<t>My son is now 32, but in my role as Chairman of a Charity concerned with disabled children, I remember pleading with the authorities to change the system so that the "professionals" came to the children in one place, rather than the children being dragged here there and everywhere. We waited for ...
<t>Hospital staff seem to have tunnel vision. They only see the complaint the patient came in with, not the whole person. Mum was discharged and readmitted to the same hospital within 24 hours, but her notes from the first admission were not made available to the ward dealing with the readmission, s...