[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello again,
Just a note to say that I emailed the advice line about something this morning, and I've just had a reply, less than 2 hours later. It's a brilliant service, so if, like me, you can't get an answer by phone, then email them.
<t>That's an awful lot of stress for someone so young. You are not responsible for your MIL's debts. Let's start with the benefits. Your MIL sounds like she IS entitled to DLA care at the highest rate. Find the papers which say why her rate was lowered. Have a word with the Helpline or an independen...
Thanks, it's a tiny symbol that I'd missed. Everything in life is simple when you know how!!
Morning, just turned on the laptop, still in bed (well I was busy until gone midnight last night). Coffee would be lovely thanks.
<t>Don't worry, you are doing the right thing. Lots of elderly people have hip replacements without any family around to help them. Your mum is very lucky to have had you around when she needed you most. Social Services will arrange basic care for you, and only reduce it when they are sure mum is co...
<t>I'm glad that they've seen sense, but why didn't they pay any attention to you in the first place, why did you have to go to hell and back today? I read recently, in Disability News I think, that ageism is the worst sort of discrimination. The government talk about the elderly "bed blocking" etc....
<t>I've had a similar situation. Ring the Chief Executive of this hospital and tell them that you need to make an "Urgent Formal Complaint". Tell them calmly and firmly that your mum cannot go home until a proper care package is in place....and she has the key! You may not know that the hospital has...
<t>Hanzou,<br/> They cannot be allowed to get away with this. Care agencies have to be registered with the Care Quality Commission, and they have detailed minimum standards which care agencies must adhere to. Local authorities should only use registered care providers, and they have a duty to ensure...
<t>Sorry Matt, I don't know how to email or PM you. I've had a look at the relevant pages (didn't know about them either!) I think it would be helpful to say much more about getting the death certificate(s). When you register the death, you can buy as many certified copies as you like, I had 6, abou...
Morning all. Foggy down here in Lymington too, some Isle of Wight ferries cancelled because it's too thick, but IF it clears it might go up to 18 degrees today. It's already warm enough in my unheated conservatory to have geraniums in flower and fuchsias in bud, I do love to see Spring.