[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I cannot bear to watch the video of my late husband, stolen from me by a sudden heart attack, five years ago.
<t>Dear Cherish,<br/> I am very sorry to hear about your loss, and I can understand your reaction. I do hope that you are getting the immediate support which you desperately need. I lost 4 people in quick succession, the last being my husband, suddenly from a heart attack. Even when a death is expec...
<t>Hello Karen,<br/> My mum will soon need residential care, I would give anything to have someone like you looking after her. I worked, very briefly, in a residential care home long ago, which had the same bad attitude, I felt so sorry for the residents. It's very difficult to change the world, but...
<t>Hi Lazydaisy,<br/> I've now made 3 formal complaints over Adult Protection issues. I feel that it's my duty to protect my son with LD from financial abuse by the people who are supposed to be looking after him. My biggest problem throughout was the lack of mathematical ability by all concerned! I...
<t>Hello again, another bedtime hug from me, you certainly need and deserve one. Who on earth does this carer think she is? Her behaviour is totally unacceptable. I can't understand why the agency are still employing her at all, never mind sending her to you, after all your complaints. I would be go...
<t>I can remember a previous government encouraging disabled people to take up the benefits which were rightfully theirs, that there were millions of pounds waiting. Those were the days. The current attitude, benefits claimants being labelled as "scroungers" appalls me. I'm all in favour of efforts ...
<t>Sam,<br/> I was widowed suddenly 5 years ago. It takes a long, long time to start living life to the full again. On bad days, I remembered that the Victorians wore black as a sign that they were mourning, (and therefore needed understanding) for a year. On good days, I knew that my husband would ...
<t>Hi Maria,<br/> In the last 35 years I've supported 6 relatives with serious health needs, so I know how tough it is to juggle everyone else's needs. For 20 years, my late husband and I ran a business from home, dealing with vintage lorry spares and restorations. It meant that we could be flexible...
Thanks Scally,
I once had an Employment Law lecturer who taught me how to dissect cases to work out the facts of a case down to the bare bones, sometimes in less than 100 words, so I just applied the same principles when I was feeling too shattered to do anything else!
<t>I've been wondering what questions arise from this situation. <br/> 1) If your wife is currently able to claim CA, when she's working then why shouldn't she receive it when she's not working?<br/> 2) Are the redundancy payments in lieu of notice? If so, calculated at a weekly rate, the point in (...