[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I think many people are totally stressed out, many with work and money worries. I wonder if the pressure on children for results in league tables is leading to a society obsessed with success. Is it time that we respected others for who they are, not what they do? I belong to two Forums, this one...
<t>There can never be decent public transport in sparsely populated areas like the New Forest. Transport has long been recognised as the biggest single challenge that social services has to face when looking at service delivery in the county of Hampshire. I'm sure those in Scotland and the Lake Dist...
<t>Maybe, but I'm more concerned about my own micro economic situation, today, that the macro economics of the World, rightly or wrongly. Do I go and see my frail and elderly mum today - if so I can only go by car that needs diesel. Can't walk or ride a bike as I'm recovering from knee surgery. My s...
<t>Before anyone goes anywhere or does anything there should be a proper case conference with everyone involved, considering all the FACTS. Has a formal needs assessment been completed for them individually? What can/can't mum and dad do? What aids and adaptations need to be done to the property? Wh...
<t>Welcome from me too, you have an awful lot on your plate at the moment. Have you claimed Attendance Allowance for mum, do you have any support for her? Would I be right in SSD thinking you don't need any because you are a nurse and know what you're doing?! With your sons problems too, do you ever...
<t>I'd like to start with the subject of money. Firstly, do you have power of attorney for dad and mum. Are you their DWP appointees? Dad is entitled to Attendance Allowance, so if he hasn't claimed it, ask the DWP about appointeeship and then you can claim it on his behalf. It will then enable you ...
<t>I am a non tax payer. My son with LD lives 14 miles away from me, but comes home alternate weekends. He has a free bus pass, but there is no bus between our homes, across the New Forest. He now pays 40p per mile for his carers to bring him home, and he likes to go out and about with me. Again, no...
<t>All the lifeline calls in this area, organised by the Council, go to a central call centre. They then use their judgement whether to call the relatives, or whether to call the paramedics. How does your scheme work, it must be different if neighbours keep rushing round there? Try to look at mum ca...
<t>The biggest problem of all is that no one seems to understand what I'm talking about when I complain. In the middle of one investigation there was a reorganisation which meant a new social worker was involved. When I mentioned accounts, she said to me, "Oh don't talk to me about accounts, my math...
<t>My eldest son is 35, I'd decided that I was destined never going to be a grandmother, so it was a lovely surprise after a few really awful years for me, full of loss and serious operations. My son and his partner moved in with me several years ago, after I was widowed, because I can't look after ...