[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm a committed Waitrose customer, for one simple reason - it's the only supermarket in town with a disabled car park!
<t>Don't try my local Waitrose August Bank Holiday or Christmas Eve. They give out sweeties to those in the checkout queue to prevent customers revolting! Then there are the old dears at the Lifeboat spring fayres who seem to have trouble noticing me, and attempting to elbowing me out of the way so ...
<t>Mum's seat was provided by the local authority. Consider whether mum and dad would think a sleep in "nurse" would be more acceptable than a sleep in "carer". For the older generation, the word "nurse" portrays more authority and knowledge. The key thing is that they are safe and you are confident...
<t>I wrote what I did from my own point of view. If I dislocated my own shoulder, then I'd call 999 without any hesitation. A&E is a very long way away from my home, as I live in a rural area. I would not feel able to care for my child in pain and drive at the same time, the journey could easily...
<t>Just in case you need evidence later on, might I suggest you keep a brief diary about how you are feeling, what happens each day, and how Miracle Boy seems to you. A few photos on visits etc. would also be a good idea. No one can argue with evidence written down at the time, rather than memories ...
<t>I was widowed 5 years ago. Might I suggest that you Google "Way Up", it's a lovely forum for widows and widowers 50 plus, very much like this one. Take care, I know how difficult this week will be for you. Put all the papers etc. in a big ring binder in order of priority, and just deal with one e...
<t>A&E, even an ambulance. Then she will get to hospital as quickly as possible, minimising pain. If you don't do this, how would you feel in 20 years time if she had lifelong problems, because you didn't take this action? If you've done your very best, i.e. A&E, and things don't turn out as...
<t>If mum has problems getting in and out of the bath, the solution is simple - a bath seat which goes up and down with compressed air. Mum has one (she's quite big) and it works brilliantly. So easy to use that she still has a bath every day, with the aid of carers. When I mentioned a live in carer...
<t>It's not the doctor who pays the first 6 weeks in residential care, it's social services. Incidentally, my doctor is as useless as yours in supporting me. <br/> You might find it helpful to get a copy of the Disability Rights Book (see the top of the new carers section). It explains far better th...
<t>Charles,<br/> Well done for persevering, it's really important that those of us who can complain do so for the good of the others who can't too. I always take the view that the company or organisation can't improve things if they don't know what is going on, and in the vast majority of situations...