[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>My first request for a reconsideration was dealt with and I was turned down again very quickly, after only a few days I think, because the DM was just working from the same ATOS doctor's report, which I hadn't seen. The DWP then asked me if I'd like a copy, and once they sent it to me it was very...
<t>I expect, but can't be certain of course, that if you appeal then they will arrange a DWP doctor's visit. In my case, they did that straight away, sending someone from ATOS. His report was a joke, but so illogically and inconsistently written that I could easily pick it to bits, so in a way the w...
<t>Ben,<br/> Don't panic, the decision appears to be a nonsense, as my first one was. I finally had top DLA mobility awarded after a medical examination and about 6 months of letters going to and fro. (I wasn't claiming for care). <br/> <br/> Who does, and who does not, qualify for DLA is clearly la...
<t>Dear fairymagic,<br/> <br/> The decision has been made, by the medical people, and you know it is the right one. I can understand why he is blowing hot and cold about the move, but the issue is the same, you simply can't cope and he needs proper medical care now, which you cannot give. 4am is an ...
<t>Keep pushing anyone and everyone until you get some counselling. It took me a while to find some but it made such a difference to me. After 4 people died, a serious illness and a serious car accident all in a short space of time, I knew that I had got really bogged down and had lost my way in lif...
<t>A very long time ago, our carer's newsletter included a poem which began "Life is queer in it's twists and turns, as time to time every one of us learns...." It's all about not giving up, how just one more push will sort everything out. It made a huge impression on me. (I don't know how to do lin...
<t>There will doubtless be more tears from all of you in the next few days, after all the stress and emotion it's good that things have been arranged at last, but it's a huge step for everyone involved. Think of all the heart searching that you have gone through, your son is just doing the same thin...
<t>I have been trying for six years to ensure that my son with LD gets proper support to spend his money wisely, and to make sure it is all being handled in accordance with the requirements of the CQC. It has been an enormous battle, but today I have a letter to say that my struggle is over. Hampshi...
<t>I loved working, but the sad reality was that I could not work and care - it ruined my health. Now I'd describe myself as a "clapped out carer". I'm happy for anyone who can juggle caring and full time work, for others caring 24/7 the idea that they can work too is dumb. So much depends on the am...
<t>Dear fairymagic,<br/> Please don't feel guilty, I know from your postings that you have done your very best for your husband, so you have nothing to feel guilty for. Although you can't care for Terry 24/7,<br/> you can still give him lots of love and support when he is in the home, doing everythi...