[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Telecare provides a certain number of call-outs per month if you sign up to their service - it's only about 8, but that only costs around 2.50 a month. They told me they can do more, but the price/number of visits will have to be agreed with them. It's all a local response team, wherever you are. Ho...
Fig, how did your own work-provided counselling go? Was it any good? If so, can you do more of it? If it wasn't, can you afford a few sessions with someone decent? It sounds as though you might benefit from that face-to-face discussion. You say your husband doesn't want to see his counsellor again. ...
Do you have any idea why your husband is so hostile to you trying to help this woman? Dealing with his hostility must make life a little more tense. The comments you relate sound like envy of the attention. Is it possible (or desirable) for you two to talk about this? Or will that just create more t...
I've only ever asked my father for one thing in exchange for the care I give him - that he shares practical problems with me and takes notice if I tell him to ring the GP. The former are in there because his attempts to find a man to sort something out in the house or garden leaves him wide open to ...
Christine, this sounds like a good resolution, for you. Don't be discouraged by the whatever he told you during that awful session. If he has spent his lifetime building walls to protect himself from childhood things, then he will defend them vigorously from any attack. Unfortunately, that can well ...
Perhaps the mods will split off the moral conversations into their own threads. hint, hint...
Good for you, Pat - you keep going!
When I was in my 20s I wanted to have a living will that I be put to sleep under certain conditions - dementia being one. My GP told me flatly it wasn't legal.

I still have hopes.
In one respect it's outrageous for someone younger and fitter to 'discard' a frail, elderly person. But it's a question of the price one pays. Without want to sound like Gulag Chris, I blame the government. ;) Think about it - as a society we broke up communities after the second world war, in the ...
I used to use the analogy of money. If every year of life represents £10k, then someone of 80 years old is £80k. Yet if they are expecting you to give up, say, the next five years of your life, that is £50k of YOUR money. Now, that means that is you are, say, only 60, ie, £60k, it equates to someon...