[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It's hard, isn't it? I hope a duvet day has helped.

I've arranged for the Care Agency to send someone once a week, to do the shopping. I'm not involved in that at all, now. Is that something you could arrange?
HW - if Rob's mum lives in her house till her husband dies in the care home, and then at some point she dies, still living in her own home, can the council THEN come back to reclaim care home fees from the mum's estate? (ie, are they just biding their time, or is the house totally 'safe' once both ...
I knew my daughter had moaned about me , at the course ,to the therapist because l got called in and roasted by the therapist which was just awful , even though l was really upset the therapist did not stop and told me l should go for counselling, family therapy and actually made me feel like l was...
We are in the process of having forms signed for an LPA (Financial and Health) for my Mum. On the solicitors advice we have not yet done this for Dad, though I don't know the reasoning behind that other than my Mum is his Wife and therefore able to decide for him (?). As I understand things, your m...
It's Dad using the phone. The carer's use it to clock into the agency when they arrive. That's their only use of it. I appreciate your advice. I know I should rise above it. It's just a wee bugger that I've reached the point where I can't. All the childhood PTSD is swelling up to overwhelm me. Oh, n...
Thanks, Henrietta. No, I can't change his phone without his permission and he won't give that. Ditto re bank account etc. The trouble is, he's somewhere between capable and not capable. Capable enough for SS, but he opts out when he's home and leaves the work of organisation (not the drudgery done b...
Move out as soon as possible. To be honest, her behaviour towards you comes across as very abusive. You need to move out to protect yourself. Leave your mother and brother to sort themselves out. I'm amazed you have tolerated so much and done so well. The premises is unhygenic and your mother an emo...
Jenny, I entirely agree. I have reduced and reduced what I do. The two jobs this week were fixing the bathroom light (yesterday) and, today, the Care Agency tells me the central heating isn't working. Now, I have no idea how such things are handled if I don't ring my electrician/plumber and go round...
It's difficult because I really don't want to distress him. A mediator sounds like a good idea, but communication with my father is very difficult. Even if he's wearing his hearing aid, he often simply stares blankly if asked a question, so it has to be repeated several times and followed up with "d...
What did the hospital OT say? Has she seen one yet?