[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sue, none of us can live the life we want. At the very least, there are choices to be made about where to live, jobs, schools etc - compromises always have to be made. Whatever compromises your mum and your sister have made with each other, to keep the old arrangement going, are not binding on you. ...
GP thinks she on 'edge of capacity'. For my part I don't think am ready to compel my mum go into residential care whether respite or longer. Disposition of family home to me spells out she has liferent. My late father put this in specifically to prevent me (in reality a grasping spouse!) turfing ei...
Oh, gosh - what a load to bear! I'd suggest you don't wait for the carer's assessment. Get in touch with your mum's social services case worker and tell him/her that you won't be the carer. Tell them they need to do an urgent review of your mum's needs now you won't be acting. Ring there emergency h...
The last time my father was in the small, local hospital, a few weeks ago, one of the OT team told me to bring some clothes in for him, as his hadn't been transferred from the County Hospital with him. I made a minor fuss and the OT eventually checked his locker and found his clothes there. No one h...
HW - that is very helpful - thank you. You say 'after all debts paid' ...BUT, surely the LA cannot secure a debt against the non-caree co-owner's share of the house, only against the half the caree in residential care home owns?? It will secure a debt against 50% of the value of the house - that be...
oh, sweetheart! {{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Can you get away for a break somewhere?
They lost her clothes? Have you spoken to PALS?

Actually, have you spoken to PALS about any of this? sorry if you've already commented on that and I missed it.
Not if Mum changes her will to give her half of the house to her children (or anyone else). It's hers to do with what she wants after death. It's not deprivation of asserts as it was her half. They can't do anything now about Dads half but they can protect Mums half should she die first I posted on...
Grim - presumably, too, if Rob's mum, still living at home in the house that is disregarded, while the council is paying for his dad's care home fees, actually dies BEFORE her husband (so the house is 'vacant') then the council can swoop down on it and use its forced sale against the care home fees...
Yes l thought it was very unprofessional too and l did complain to pals ( it was a DNS course at UCLH nhs ) and the consultant rang me and l told her all about it , she said the therapist would be mortified how she had made me feel but when l saw her again lfelt that the therapist had not had any c...