[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I think I have had enough communication with my MP already to write him off as a lost cause. I contacted him over Carers allowance when I first enterd carer land and his reply was along the lines of " well I couldn't be bothered to apply for it myself because of all the hassle and after all it isn'...
I'd suggest you attend the surgery of you local MP and discuss it with her/him. If you can get your MP to mention it in the House, that's a beginning. If you can't interest your local MP, look up the interests of other MPs in the House of Parliament and write to one who is interested in care, laying...
Sadly, things are communicated these days by visual image much more effectively than the written word. So the quick methods are YouTube, Facebook et al, TV. The slow methods are articles in major newspapers down to niche websites or magazines. Beyond that generality, it's difficult to offer suggesti...
If you don't know what equity, as opposed to common law, is, all the better for you! Thanks, I'm not a property lawyer. I'm more a sort of para-legal who has taken in a few odds and sods over 40 years. In my legal dealings at work I tended only to stick to stuff like statute & common law. Whenever ...
Send the helpline an email. They should respond within 48 hours. It's more reliable than the phone. What are your dad's needs? What are his ailments? Do you live with him? What was his caring package? It's easier for other members here to offer advice with a little more knowledge. In the meantime......
Well, I've told Dad that I'll charge him for attendance to sort out the electrician/plumber etc. I don't need the money - it's more of a marker. Social visits not included, of course. This last week I've been round once with electrician, once with my plumber and now, today (while I was in the middle...
I don't even know if tenants in common and joint tenants are part of it. It should be simpler than the English system (no equity in Scotland) but that's all I know. I I regret I don't understand "no equity in Scotland". This makes clear the difference between legal ownership in Scotland vs England ...
Damn! Caught out for the blinkered sassenach that I am! :lol:
, DO RUN DOWN HER SAVINGS But only by using the money on her needs. If you spend it on things that aren't to do with her needs, the LA could reclaim the money as 'deprivation of assets'. You can search the site here for that phrase and I've scattered a few links here and there to useful information...
As another question, however, relating to Rob's situation (and many others), presumably, if there is neither a deputyship nor a PoA, and if Rob's dad has lost mental capacity, his wife is not actually allowed to see her property as it is jointly owned with her husband who cannot give consent to the...