[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
MrsAverage wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:18 pm
YouTube for learning. There's how to videos on anything. (I love the one that showed me how to get rid of black mould on my bathroom sealant! The secret is toilet paper)
OK, I can't get this out of my mind! What's the secret? :lol:
You've said what your nan can do but not what she can't. There must be reasons why she had to go into respite care rather than (say) staying with someone else or having an extended holiday in a hotel. She presumably she had fairly extensive needs prior to the house purchase. It sounds fairly similar...
Hi Colleen! Your dad can express a desire but he might be prevented from making that real by circumstances. The POA doesn't bind you but family decisions might. Do you live in the house? Does anyone live with your mum and dad? What ails him? Is it a progressive illness or is it temporary (such as a ...
I have real trouble in this forum with punctuation jumping back into the previous text. Is there a way of editing posts? Top right corner of anything you post. You'll see three coloured icons on squares: an orange pencil (only on your posts) a blue bin (only on your posts) a blue exclamation mark (...
send a message to the CUK careline - they should be able to give you full advice on benefits etc.

How will your MIL get through the weeks before she obtains any benefits?
Don't feel guilty - if you bring her home, things will get worse and you will end up having to put her in a nursing home. And it will be bad, whatever you do. You've found her a good home... to be honest, that's the best place for her. otherwise you'll get sucked into 24/7 caring and your family wil...
send an email to the hotline. they're the experts:
https://www.carersuk.org/about-us/contact-us

you should get some help within 48 hours
You may never be able to change his mind. It's become his security blanket. Spending it on anything may increase his feelings of fear and insecurity. Sad though it is, waste though it is, it may be better (not necessarily easy!) to put it out of your mind. My father's money lies in a current account...
Not showing in my inbox, sweetheart
SW appointment - great. ASAP. don't allow the hospital to discharge without an updated care plan. Say you won't have dad home without at least that. Think about what you might be prepared to do, if they want him to return home. You can simply refuse. The SS default option is care in the home. Rememb...