Hi Tony,

Welcome to the site.

OU studies are great and so keep going...make sure if you need an extension with the next TMA you let them know why in plenty of time!

Chris
Hi Mary, Firstly you have not failed anything and are not in any way a failure. Secondly insist somebody listens , ask to speak to the care managers "manager" if necessary and insist on some help even some immediate respite which is what they would need to do if you collapse with exhaustion or anoth...
<t>Hi Kitty! <br/> <br/> As I said in my "epic" post contact the union/occ health but do not suggest ill health retirement until every single option has been explored! Regardless of this you need the other help first and foremost and then deal with work issues later on! You have 6 months full pay wh...
Hi! This link http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeo ... G_10016128 will hopefully answer your questions about direct payments. (I think some of these long posts with reports whilst interesting can cause confusion as they are "studies"! and somebody elses opinion. This does not mean when they say s...
I don,t really understand this question. as a carer for my partner we qualify for free bus travel. She is on middle rate dla care component, so we have a companion bus pass. Are you saying the carer/companion should pay to travel when the disabled person needs to travel?. As her carer I can't jump ...
<t>Hi Kitty,<br/> <br/> Welcome to the forum.<br/> <br/> Its understandable that you are scared.<br/> <br/> Firstly there is help and advice out there and whilst it seems daunting we can "talk" about it here too and hopefully you will start to seek the right pathway for your situation.<br/> <br/> Do...
Hi! I offered to help and was asked to provide my personal contact details which I refused to do! I said I would happily help if a land line number /address was given and I have heard nothing whatsoever about it since! Stay safe online and don't give out your contact details however safe and friendl...
Hi! Sadly the bare facts are that the person under 65 with a disability which impares their mobility will and can claim DLA & their free bus pass. How this money for DLA is spent is at the moment up to the individual. I am well aware of the issue about not using buses as I said in my post I have gro...
Hi, As the whole thing has to be "paid" for and our council taxes will be paying for some if not all of this I don't agree! There are many people who qualify for this free travel who can easily afford to pay for the bus journey they now get free and this will escalate soon when the pass rules change...
Hi!

Tinker , so sorry to hear of your pain and the distress you went through.

Marie, I hope the meetings help to sort things out soon.

Chris