Thats the kind of thing that worries me getting old ...... and find myself looking after her without any help Why would there not be any help? Some of these links might help people and from these links help and support on other issues are available too! http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeo ... /...
Hi, A Good sense of humour is essential in all aspects of life However a good sense of humour is not OK at the expense of others! This will now be my final word on the abuse caused to me by somebody trying to be funny and having "in jokes" with one other forum member which backfired and nasty abusiv...
Hi, How do we "know" this is true? Where are the figures to back this? Not every elderly person needs to be ignored and is not ignored......... We possibly need to think how "they" could be told about the services which are there are available and how to access the support and help they need? Rest a...
Hello and welcome.

This is a forum where many seem to know each other well and so it can take a while to "settle in" but post as much as you want to and I will keep an eye out for you and chat again soon!

Chris
Hi, Is this liable? I have now been accused that this person is me! I am disgusted by some members conduct and the only PM's I have sent are those in reply to people's concern due to the distress caused by some very cruel messages of late. I have links on my posts which are correct and are of value ...
<t>Hi, <br/> <br/> Thank you for those who have contacted me and given more support than those who for some odd reasons wish to distress people.<br/> <br/> I cannot commit to being here regularly for now due to personal reasons. <br/> <br/> Some have other ways of contacting me and others can use th...
<t>Hi! <br/> <br/> Thanks again for not reading my post correctly. <br/> <br/> I have edited it and am horrified by the messages received.<br/> <br/> Goodbye .......from a carer and a person who had a lot ot offer here.....who is now so upset by the messages and the incorrect assumptions about a per...
<t>Hi Pippin,<br/> <br/> I don't think you need to contact the DWP on this one! <br/> <br/> Its the local councils who are going to be under huge strains to pay for all of this aren't they!<br/> <br/> No idea if you in Scotland will need to reapply and need a new pass or if your carers pass will con...
<t>Hi, <br/> <br/> There are as ever pros and cons to this system! As with any other "benefit" there are people who could work and do more than they say they can manage! ***There are benefits of a physical and emotional kind for some people to do things outside the home and if they can manage a litt...
Hi, I am sorry but this drives me crazy! It is not just pensioners!!!!! There are many carers who like myself have horrendous hardships and cannot claim a single penny piece of carers allowance! Sick disabled carers who do their best for the ones they care for are NOT I repeat NOT all pensioners!!!!...