[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
thanks jan. it was good to read your post. that you work as a carer gave me another insight into the situation. I think its very inappropriate for our team leader to do this, and I am giving very careful thought how to progress with the situation. our daughter lives in her own flat, with 24/7 care. ...
thank you all for your replies, you certainly made me feel right to be disturbed by this, and also pointed me in the right direction.
thanks for your replies. my concern is that it was reported to me by one of the carers, so it was 'hearsay'. this particular carer who is one of the better ones, has asked me not to say anything until I see her doing it myself. but of course, she will not do it whilst I am there. I know that she wil...
p.s. although my daughter is 52 she does not have capacity.
hi I learnt today that my daughter's team leader {carers) was sitting reading to my daughter from the bible. my daughter does not have the capacity to understand what is written in the bible. she just about enjoys books written for toddlers, and then not always. this has upset me, and feel that it i...
do you think if they paid a better hourly rate for carers of people with learning disabilities, they would get a better standard of carers. its debatable I know, but would be interested to hear what people think. personally my daughters carers get 4p an hour more than minimum wage, and that is with ...
hi has anybody on the forum had experience of using health budgets for their carees. my daughter receives CHC funding and which is currently used for 24/7 care + extra for double ups and accessing the community. we have been using an agency for this since april. previously to this when she was being...
hi we had a similar situation after my 52 yr. old daughter had a stroke. we have ended up employing a private physio at £55 a session. she comes once a week, and has made all the difference. it is a struggle to pay, but its well worth it. it gives her motivation to keep going, keep trying and not to...
George, can I return to your comments regarding your sister has a mental age of 6 and my interpretation of what you meant was that she would never be able to live independently. well my daughter who is 52 has a mental age of 2 if I am generous. she lives independently from us, her parents. she has l...
hi
have you tried crossroads. if you google them there may be a branch near you. this is the sort of thing they provide, and in my experience are very good. good luck.