[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I've just discovered that the local carers sitting service is being discontinued :(. While I have friends who will give me the odd evening off, they all work too, so I was about to approach the service to see if they could provide some daytime cover for me so I could go to an industry conference whi...
Extra care in the home to help you, or replace you; or residential care for the person concerned. What I WANT(ed) is cover so I can get out more without having to keep an eye on the clock and make sure I'm back within x hours. But the rug has just been pulled out from under my feet on that one, so ...
I don't understand - what is this lady living on? (She needs food too!). Unless she has a private income (!) then she obviously isn't working/earning (???) so she can only be living on PIP or whatever.....PLEASE don't tell me YOU are keeping her! As BB says, the first thing, alas, is to summon up e...
You can't go on like this! No, I do realise that ;) Social Services have a duty to visit and write a needs assessment for your relative and a Carers Assessment for you. Allegedly they do, yes, they're just being negligent in their duty. But there's a limit to the number of times I can sit on the ph...
Looking forward to it: I'll be far too easily identifiable if I continue to post much under my current username.
Well, they ask us to tell something about ourselves, so here goes: I care for an older family member who has ME/CFS, and have done for 25 years or so. Until this year, it hadn't been particularly onerous: she was reasonably self-sufficient although largely housebound, and I managed pretty much to ha...
I can't do it anymore, I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. It's been 13 years of hell and I'm only 25, I need to take care of myself now. Please don't tell me I'm selfish for giving up my role as primary carer. I didn't ask for this job I was forced into it from a young age. It has taken a lot f...
Ah. There no longer seems to be a text box for me to type my new username into: has anyone found out how to change a username yet, please? Profile > Edit account settings, where it clearly indicates that I can change it, but there doesn't seem to be any way that I can see.