[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I prefer to call them "misrepresentations", just in case they aren't deliberate(!), but yes, my caree recently had a PIP assessment and got turned down flat. When we asked for the report so that we could request a mandatory reconsideration, much of it was complete fiction. Obviously nobody bothered ...
Doesn't the OT *have* to check and approve the home situation before discharge can even be considered?
Thanks for the suggestions. She beat me to it and decided to get it cut anyway!
5 weeks on, I'm pleased to report that my friend's situation has improved greatly since my initial post (https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/brain-injury-when-away-in-london-advice-needed-34798) but I wonder if I could trouble you for some advice? She's been trying to ...
Some useful advice here, particularly from Adam - thank you very much, Adam - I'll take some of it, too! In addition to the MEA and AfME, you might like to have a look at the forums on http://chronicfatiguesyndrome.me.uk/ and/or the Phoenixrising website. In addition, do feel free to send me a priva...
Jacqueline - as well as the current problem, you do need to 'look ahead' I'm afraid. Since you live with your mum in HER home, you are at risk if things come to the stage where she needs to go into residential care.... If she owns her home, and you are under 60, then the council would require her t...
Hi Nadine I'm wondering if some sort of self-employment/freelance work might be a good option here? Is there anything you're good at that you might be able to turn into a business venture, for example - possibly in conjunction with someone else? Maybe you're good with your hands, or something. I hav...
Sorry I haven't replied: I thought I had this site set up to notify me of replies, but hadn't received any notifications. She's self-employed, so no employer to provide cover. She does have critical illness cover or something like that, but again we don't know where the paperwork for that is ... And...
Thank you for your replies, everybody. Yes, I know she has critical illness cover, and that should cover her for loss of income if she can't work in the future - she's self-employed - because we discussed it some years ago. However, I don't think it will deal with the immediate problem, which is sub...
You'll be pleased to know this attracted the necessary number of signatures and was debated in Parliament this week, on 22nd October.