[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I suspect that my children were still in bed at what I think is a civilized hour! Child 1 phoned at 11 am. Child 2 is probably only just surfacing, and has probably forgotten that the clocks have changed, so will live the whole of today on a different timeframe. Ah kids, eh? Who'd have 'em? http://w...
Learning about all the settings on new washing machine/dishwasher/TV box etc. etc. ........only to discover that you only will ever use two of them!
I'm just wondering how late in the day is an acceptable time for at least ONE of your kids to phone and wish you a Happy Mother's Day!!

But I'm taking the time to wish my treasured and much loved Mum who is no longer with me in body a Happy Mother's Day wherever she may be.
<t>I'm sure the "poisoned chalice" will be picked up pretty quick by another company. After all, top management pick up the chalice - front line staff have to fill it. Management don't care about the bloke or bloke-ess at the bottom of the chain, bottom of chain have to reach target in order to earn...
<t>I too received a letter asking me to attend an interview about 6 months into my full time caring role. I phone them and explained and they were fine - didn't have to attend and have never heard again since - that was over 8 years ago.<br/> <br/> I think it may depend on the location - if they're ...
So, this week my autistic, adult son came and stayed with me for a few days. Despite having a support worker who is supposed to help keep him afloat (in all senses of the word) he's managed to get into a mess with his money and his Father (my ex) and I are trying to sort it all out. Much as I love h...
<t>Hmm, in the last two weeks I've had to buy a new landline telephone, a new fridge freezer and a set of headphones with a microphone so I can use Skype. I wouldn't actually classify any of those as a real "treat". (And didn't leave me very financially solvent for big treats!) I bought a Sunday pap...
http://www.caretostrike.co.uk/ Interesting - sign up for the Care to Strike (a "virtual" strike) day on June 21st. When you sign up the organisers ask how many hours you care in an average day and then they are going to work out how much carers save the government. Needs a lot more people to sign u...
Thanks poppie - I also found this on their fb page - http://www.caretostrike.co.uk/ Worth taking a look at - they're getting as many carers as possible to go on a "virtual" strike on June 21st, then adding up all the hours and working out how much carers save the government. Very easy to sign up to ...
<t>This is a rotten situation to be in. I do believe that there comes a time when you may want to put your hand up and say "enough - I'm outta here". I felt that happened with my own Mum, but letting go is the most difficult thing in the world. I do feel for you. I know I had such a dreadful conflic...