[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Ha! I knew I was wasting my time when I completed the consultation survey from my local authority about the changes to council tax reductions. http://dev.carersuk.org/j3/images/icon_mad.gif "All "working age" claimants will now have to pay 5.5% of their banded council tax. And what about working age...
<t>Hello Badgers,<br/> <br/> I haven't got anything to practical to say, but just to tell you that I am also new to this forum and have been made to feel welcome straight away. I think one of the most difficult things about caring is that you do often feel that your life has been taken away from you...
This is where "one rule fits all" isn't it? Nobody who sets these stupid rules thinks beyond giving us the tiniest amount they can possible get away with, nobody has thought about someone in your position. And this would be the same for many, many carers. Ah well, easy peasy, go out and get yourself...
I've just done the Carers survey about financial responsibilities and worked out that I'm about £29000 a year worse off as a carer. Of course I am disgusted at the pittance that carer's receive, but on the other hand, having shocked myself at how much income I've lost, I'm proud of myself for still ...
<t>Hi Gilli,<br/> <br/> I come onto this forum as I care for my 92 year old Father - but I also have a 33 year old son with Asperger's, so I do understand where you are coming from. I'm afraid I'm not going to come up with any answers as I worry about what will happen when that time comes. We battle...
<t>No I haven't juggler - although my Dad and I and my children always send donations on my Mum's birthday, and my Dad gets his Christmas cards from them, so it's not as if I don't know about SSAFA. I think I've had it knocked into me that because my Dad has some savings, that's it, we're on our own...
<t>No, my Dad owns his own property and has some savings so we are not entitled to anything! Not that I expect anything, but sometimes it makes me a bit angry to think that both he & Mum served in the forces during the war, they both worked all their lives, they did a lot of voluntary work parti...
ah, thanks. It was so lovely to come back on here and see your replies. I just feel very isolated at the moment - a bad day and it was good to have somewhere to let it all out. It makes so much difference to know that there's people out there who understand. Thank you so much.
<t>I care for my 93 year old Dad. He's been amazing since my Mum passed away 7 years ago, fearfully independent, never complains. He had stoma surgery almost 60 years ago and deals with it all by himself, he also has glaucoma and has lost the sight in one eye. Last August he had a urine infection an...
<t>...I've already been moved tears reading some of the stories on the forum. I'm a carer for my elderly Dad, who is partially sighted, has other health problems and recently lost about 90% of his mobility following a bladder infection for which he was hospitalised. I also have an autistic adult son...