[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thank you everyone - thank you Jenny for your offer - I never expected offers of lifts up there, or offers to go with him - you are a marvellous lot, truly you are.<br/> <br/> The ex seems to have got his act together so we are driving up to my son, collecting him, going to the hospital and then ...
<t>I'm officially a carer for my 93 year old Dad but I also have an adult son who has Apserger's & learning difficulties. My son whacked his head on a door frame last week and the day after he was having problems with one of his eyes. To cut a very long story short - after 4 days of going back &...
<t>Oh Lord - you couldn't make it up could you? My Dad also has lost sight in one eye and has glaucoma. He is now immobile due to a serious UTI a couple of years back. We always had problems with the tests at the hospital - field test one day and then back to see the Dr. a few days later - however m...
<t>I do think your feelings about being a carer are very much influenced by who it is you care for. I care for my elderly Father, but actually I also care for my adult son who has Asperger's & learning difficulties but I never really think of that when I think of being a carer - like Scally and ...
<t>I was asked over the weekend to describe my overriding feelings as a carer.<br/> <br/> Isolated. Lonely. Regretful.<br/> <br/> I was sad that they are all negatives. I can definitely thinks of some positives but I'm afraid the negatives outweigh them so those were the three words I chose. <br/> <...
<t>When I was a kid, the excitement on Eurovision night almost matched the excitement of the Miss World night. Followed closely by the Royal Variety Performance. Just goes to show that we were either easily pleased or, more likely, we had such little TV back then compared to now that those kind of "...
<t>I'm looking for input here please!<br/> <br/> I've been asked to attend the next staff meeting at my GP Practice in order to make staff more aware of the life of a carer and how the surgery could be more clued up and sympathetic as to the challenges and restrictions that carers have to face. <br/...
hmm, I would say you are caring in excess of 35 hours a week. End of.
<r>Hi Dave,<br/> <br/> As you have already seen, this is a place where people actually understand what you're going through. I care for my elderly Father, but I'm extremely lucky in that he (just about) manages quite a few things for himself, although as he's approaching 94 years old, there seems to...
<t>It's actually the mobility that's the problem. He's fed up of struggling out of bed, getting his frame and then getting to the toilet. Using a commode would be v. difficult for him on his own. Then there would be no one there first thing to empty it and he wouldn't be able to manage that on his o...