Hi Bowlingbun, Thanks for reply, and those on my previous posts. I don't think MIL falls within the criteria for night time care, as I have already discussed this with her Case Co. I also work for adult care in the same local authority, so know how cash strapped we are, but will fight for everything...
Hi All, We have hospital discharge plan and case review mtg for MIL tomorrow, and one of our (and her) major concerns is how she will manage overnight without being able to get up to toilet unaided. When we saw her yesterday, she said she had been chatting with Ward Sister who said there was "someth...
Hi again, Thanks for replies and info, sorting Attendance Allowance as advised - what a dissertation that application is! Also applied for LPA and have forms ready for signing, however things have moved on a little. MIL has an Urgent Case Review at hospital next week. Case Co said its going to be at...
Hi again, thanks for replies. She does own her own home, savings wise I doubt she is anywhere near the £23K threshold, and at present no attendance allowance as she has never needed anything in the way of help or care at home, which is probably why she doesn't feel she needs it now. We are aware of ...
Have you looked into Day care type options that will pick her up, take her to a centre for meal etc. Some even do entertainment, games, exercise classes or provide bath, hairdressing or other personal care services. There may be a charge but if you are on low income or get other support for care, co...
Hi All, Newbie post - My hubby and I just coming to terms with the sudden decline of his 83 year old Mum. She was admitted to hospital on 1 May, following a heavy fall at home which damaged her neck. After spinal surgery and a long recuperation, she has regained movement and some strength in her arm...
Yes, they have provided a hospital bed for my Mum in law, but they cannot force you to take it if you don't want to as its caree's choice if they have capacity to make decisions, and they did offer to raise hers on blocks if that was her preferred option. She initially wasn't keen as she prefers her...
I assume your mum is weight bearing and can stand? If so, have a look at the Sara Stedy. My mum in law is in hospital at the moment and unable to walk, so is using one of these on the ward with one staff member. They are supplying one for home use when she is discharged. The wing seats fold out to r...