[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Bowlingbun, I have the copy for Hospital Manager on hold for the moment, as until all this blew up, we felt we were on excellent terms with the hospital staff. I have some history with the same ward and medical team, as they nursed my mum through terminal leukaemia 5 years ago and couldn't fault ...
Hi all, and thanks again for everyone's further replies and advice. We have Mum's house keys, although one is still in the key safe on her home and she doesn't know the number, but the lifeline service does, so we could change this if necessary. Hoping it doesn't come to this, but will bear in mind....
Thanks Mrs A - would we be able to get her notes as we currently do not have LPA in place. Have all the forms here ready but with everything else going on its not been the "right" time to approach her about it as she is hostile toward the care home and will take it that we want to lever her in there...
Its down to personal choice and mental capacity to make decisions. She wants to go home, against medical advice. If she wanted (or would agree) to go into care, they would sort it. We thought we had the hospital and case co on side, but having checked what they can do to influence her decision, thei...
I totally agree, but keep getting Mental Capacity Act quoted at me, that she has ability to make her own decisions, and her choice to go home over rides even going into care, never mind nursing or otherwise. I was told this morning that Ward Sister was over exaggerating need for nursing, which I why...
All change! Had a call from MIL's case co this morning, to say they had reviewed her case, and they no longer feel she needs nursing care, so the home they suggested to visit today would no longer be appropriate. She has had a long chat with MIL (not contacted us or given any suggestion this might h...
Thanks for everyone's words of advice and personal experiences. Its so hard as Mum has full mental capacity and although us, the medical staff and everyone else is telling her that it is not safe for her physically (or mentally as she will be housebound, lonely and staring at the walls all day) to g...
The problem we have is she is adamant she wants to go home, and after being in hospital nearly 4 months now, giving the taster of home would be counter productive as would be showing her what she has lost and make her even more determined not to go into care. Her bungalow would need to be sold, or p...
Thanks for replies and advice. It is a nursing home as being referred direct from hospital and there are only 2 suitable places in our immediate area which offer this. She has flatly refused to even consider visiting the other one so our options are limited. I have already read the last 2 CQC inspec...
Hi All, We are visiting nursing home with MIL tomorrow. She will be totally overwhelmed and probably not know what to ask, and its a whole new experience for us too. Anyone suggest things we need to know/ask about? I have already jotted down a couple of things, but would welcome any comments from th...