I totally agree, but keep getting Mental Capacity Act quoted at me, that she has ability to make her own decisions, and her choice to go home over rides even going into care, never mind nursing or otherwise. I was told this morning that Ward Sister was over exaggerating need for nursing, which I why...
All change! Had a call from MIL's case co this morning, to say they had reviewed her case, and they no longer feel she needs nursing care, so the home they suggested to visit today would no longer be appropriate. She has had a long chat with MIL (not contacted us or given any suggestion this might h...
Thanks for everyone's words of advice and personal experiences. Its so hard as Mum has full mental capacity and although us, the medical staff and everyone else is telling her that it is not safe for her physically (or mentally as she will be housebound, lonely and staring at the walls all day) to g...
The problem we have is she is adamant she wants to go home, and after being in hospital nearly 4 months now, giving the taster of home would be counter productive as would be showing her what she has lost and make her even more determined not to go into care. Her bungalow would need to be sold, or p...
Thanks for replies and advice. It is a nursing home as being referred direct from hospital and there are only 2 suitable places in our immediate area which offer this. She has flatly refused to even consider visiting the other one so our options are limited. I have already read the last 2 CQC inspec...
Hi All, We are visiting nursing home with MIL tomorrow. She will be totally overwhelmed and probably not know what to ask, and its a whole new experience for us too. Anyone suggest things we need to know/ask about? I have already jotted down a couple of things, but would welcome any comments from th...
Thanks both for replies. I have already done some Googling and can see some of the pitfalls. If she had a 5 bed detached house she might get near the rental income to actually cover her projected fees, but its just a tiny 2 bed bungalow, so suspect we might be lucky to get £5-600/week, therefore onl...
Hi All, Has anyone rented out property to cover care home fees? MIL struggling to accept that she needs nursing home placement and flatly refusing to consider selling her home. Someone suggested they rented out their parent's property to support her care costs, but we are very wary of stepping into ...
I don't think she will manage it, but hospital are trying all options as she has flatly refused to consider night time padding. I don't blame her as I wouldn't like it either, but as she is still adamant she wants to come home and no night time carers, pads will be the only option left ...
Just for info if it could help anyone, its one of these:

http://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/brid ... g-bag.html

Hospital not sure if MIL will have manual dexterity to use it, but are ordering one to try before she is discharged.