[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Care home Manager came out to assess her this morning ... all OK, when do you want to come in to us. MIL said not today, too soon. We are working tomorrow so agreed to Wednesday morning. Case Co called in to see her this afternoon. MIL told her she only going in for 3-4 weeks trial, and would come h...
All gone T*ts up ... told case co she only going in for trial because what we want and will come home then ... no funding for that, we give up ... :(
Yes we are prepared for that, but told her this morning that we are too far along the process now to cancel, and if she even thinks about changing her mind, we will not be running after her any more. All she keeps saying is "I can't stay here any more" and if she does start to wobble on Monday, we w...
Hi All. Mum in law due to move into residential home on Monday. She is very reliant on her phone at home, lots of friends to chat to and we need to maintain her contact with the outside world. Anyone got any tips on best option please? We are assuming the home would allow one to be installed in her ...
Such an immense relief that mum-in-law has finally agreed today to accept a care home placement. They are coming to access her on Monday, but have already accepted her in principle. Long story, but if people have seen my other posts here, its been a battle of wills to try to get her to understand th...
MIL been discharged home today, and within hours was on phone saying she was wet through and really distressed. Went down to see her and her tea time carer had just arrived. She said the pads she had been sent home with were totally inadequate and she needed an urgent continence review to get some m...
Thanks bowlingbun, I have been pleasantly surprised how "cheap" care homes we have enquired about actually are when you take in everything you get. I know they sound expensive but when you think its 24 hour care, food, drinks,cooking, heating, lighting, hot water, water rates, TV licence, maintenanc...
Hi again, thanks for all replies. We too have come to conclusion that only way to let her see it as it really is, will be to let her go home. Keep telling hubby we must stop talking about it as its all consuming at the moment and we just keep going over the same ground. Have already asked about live...
Thanks Bowlingbun, I have calmed down now, and had a chat with hubby. He said that she was crying when he left her, as she thinks she has lost me too now - moral blackmail maybe, but she has one son abroad and the other hasn't spoken to the family for nearly 20 years, so we are all she has left. How...
Sh1t has really hit the fan now ... Doctor went in to see Mum this afternoon and read our letter to her. Nothing in it is too derogatory to her, although probably not things we wanted her to know we had said. She started on us as soon as we went in, saying someone has written to the Doctor and looke...