[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi again, thanks for all replies. We too have come to conclusion that only way to let her see it as it really is, will be to let her go home. Keep telling hubby we must stop talking about it as its all consuming at the moment and we just keep going over the same ground. Have already asked about live...
Thanks Bowlingbun, I have calmed down now, and had a chat with hubby. He said that she was crying when he left her, as she thinks she has lost me too now - moral blackmail maybe, but she has one son abroad and the other hasn't spoken to the family for nearly 20 years, so we are all she has left. How...
Sh1t has really hit the fan now ... Doctor went in to see Mum this afternoon and read our letter to her. Nothing in it is too derogatory to her, although probably not things we wanted her to know we had said. She started on us as soon as we went in, saying someone has written to the Doctor and looke...
Hi All, Just thought I would update as had a telephone response to letter we sent to the Ward Manager as mentioned earlier in this thread. Basically they are following guidelines and regulations under MCA and as Mum is of sound mind to make her own decisions, and her choice is to go home, then that ...
Hi All, Just wondering whether anyone can advise what happens to an elderly relative when their savings/cash from assets runs out please? From my other posts here you will understand that we are exploring future options for MIL (although at the moment she wants to go home and we are reluctantly abid...
Does mum have a "key safe" outside?. My mum had one, the combination number was the year she was born in, 1927, so anyone who had her official records could know, so did the Lifeline people, who could tell the ambulance staff. One day mum had her original 1930's door frame badly damaged when ambula...
Hi Bowlingbun, I have the copy for Hospital Manager on hold for the moment, as until all this blew up, we felt we were on excellent terms with the hospital staff. I have some history with the same ward and medical team, as they nursed my mum through terminal leukaemia 5 years ago and couldn't fault ...
Hi all, and thanks again for everyone's further replies and advice. We have Mum's house keys, although one is still in the key safe on her home and she doesn't know the number, but the lifeline service does, so we could change this if necessary. Hoping it doesn't come to this, but will bear in mind....
Thanks Mrs A - would we be able to get her notes as we currently do not have LPA in place. Have all the forms here ready but with everything else going on its not been the "right" time to approach her about it as she is hostile toward the care home and will take it that we want to lever her in there...
Its down to personal choice and mental capacity to make decisions. She wants to go home, against medical advice. If she wanted (or would agree) to go into care, they would sort it. We thought we had the hospital and case co on side, but having checked what they can do to influence her decision, thei...