Thanks for replies. The carers do not have the time to do the amount of laundry she generates - she is often urine incontinent between visits, even though she has maxi pads, so they have to change her underwear and sometimes clothing, plus this week there have been 2 lots of full bedding in 2 days, ...
MIL is chair bound/bed bound, with 4 x daily care package. I do shopping, laundry, errands, sort out all appointments, paperwork, meds, meal deliveries etc. I submitted Attendance Allowance form last Sept on her behalf. She said nothing about letter approving higher rate of £83/week from 1 November ...
Do not feel in any way that residential care is letting her down or that you have failed. If anything the rest of the family had failed YOU by not helping and supporting you in the care she needs. Does she own her home? If so, I suspect it needs to be sold to fund her care ... this might make the fa...
If he is going to come home, I would insist on an OT visit to assess the equipment he needs to make sure he is comfortable. MIL has a pressure cushion for her chair and a fully adjustable hospital bed, all provided as part of her hospital discharge. As I mentioned, the carers check her skin daily to...
If his level of confusion would now be detrimental to his welfare in being sent home, even with carers in place, then you need to request a full Mental Capacity assessment. If they deem him mentally fit to continue to exist at home, then they must put the full care package (4 x daily is usually the ...
When she went into Hosp on Boxing Day was it ambulance transport or did you take her in for a check over? Sounds like she needs to be formally admitted for a full assessment. Ring either her own surgery which should have a 24 hr helpline number or NHS 111 or whatever they are called now, tell them s...
I am sure I am no where near your breaking point, but I do feel your pain and can see the situation I am putting up with only going to get worse over time. Is there no one you can turn to? I was promised a carer's assessment by the local social services, which basically was a phone call to ask stand...
Not unusual, my MIL is chair/bed bound as cannot independently weight bear, and is padded all day and night, with 4 daily care visits. Her agency is very good (they do vary) and they check her skin integrity every day, but if the person wants to be at home, 4 daily visits is the norm unless you want...
Thanks for replies. I have been digging around online and think it might be something to do with pension credits, as the amount you are entitled to goes down if you have £10K in the bank. However, I was sure she said she tried for Credits and her extra pension put her over the limit anyway. I will h...
Hi all, Wondering if anyone can shed some light on something MIL is fretting over. She claims to have received a letter recently from HMRC saying that if she has more than £10K in savings, she will have to start paying income tax. She cannot now find the letter and we don't know what she is on about...