Hello Carol, welcome to the forum. Are you claiming Attendance Allowance for mum? (There are special arrangements for fast track applications for someone terminally ill.) Have you asked Social Services to do a Needs Assessment for mum? A Carers Assessment for you and your sister? Under certain circ...
Colin_1705 wrote:What happens is that one line on the V5 registration certificate gets changed to show Taxation Class as "disabled" or similar wording.
Yes, I know that but it does not answer my question. Never mind.
The same applies as far as outings are concerned. They shouldn't be putting pressure on her to do things she doesn't want to do, to "make memories". Thank you but I still feel you have misinterpreted what I wrote and you are making a lot of assumptions. I never stated that anyone was putting any pr...
susieq wrote:I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Thank you, yes, I just wanted to 'throw this open' for anecdotal evidence. Thanks.
bowlingbun wrote:Why not just ask DVLA directly, they don't bite! When you are granted the free tax they send you a leaflet of what you can and cannot use it for anyway.
Thank you but I was asking for evidence, albeit anecdotal.
I had a blue badge for a few years, until I had two knee replacements, can't find what I wanted online this morning to confirm. However I'm sure if your wife is ill and you are visiting her in hospital, that would be fine. However if you were using it to go to work every day, it would be wrong. It'...
Colin_1705 wrote:You may need to get her name put on the registration certificate as the Registered Keeper?
Thank you but I believe this is not necessary. The nominated driver (me) can be the registered keeper.
Hi Mick, This will be upsetting, but it may also help too, so I apologise in advance, but it helped me understand the care of my mum in her final months, in her nursing home, and so I could support her much better. Thank you but I think you have perhaps not interpreted my post in the way I intended...
Mick hi - tricky things, relatives! There's a term on this forum which is 'helicopters' - it means relatives who completely ignore you 90% of the time, then fly in (at their own whim!) drop down in your garden, proceed to tell you everything you SHOULD be doing for your caree, then blithely lift of...
Good morning. It appears that my wife/I (as nominated driver and keeper) may be able to get 100% Road Tax relief on our vehicle as she has 12 points on Mobility part of her PIP. The rule states that the vehicle must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. It can’t be used by the nomin...