Do social workers ever ask their clients (ie, carees) if they realise how much of a 'burden' they are to their carers? But I do see that SWs can all too often be caught being 'piggy in the middle'.... They should not allow themselves to be put in that position but I can see how they may be seen to ...
charm_1965 wrote:Just shining the light to explain why social workers are so vilified.
https://50shadesofcaregiver.wordpress.c ... the-light/
Not quite so subtle advert for your own blog.
Colin_1705 wrote:Mick, did you never work in the Children's social services environment?
Have you never heard of the UN convention on the rights of the child?
Indeed I did for 17 years and of course I know about UNC; what's your point?
Not surprised it was turned down and I can think of a variety of reasons to do so. Accountability and misuse. Auditing would be a nightmare claiming expenses is complex and may have tax implications. Some would claim when they wanted just to go shopping for example. They'd just 'drop in' to the offi...
Somebody should check up on how responsive social service department s are to enquirers from service users and Carers Like they should have "mystery shoppers" send in letters or phone them up saying "I want a Carers assessment please" How else do you suggest their performance could be improved? By ...
We have got to make the point that Social Services are usually divided into Adult services and Children's services . However, my experience is that social workers generally do not listen to what service users are asking for. The same principles apply but there is one significant difference, in Adul...
Presumably these are only the carees who are below the £23.500 threshold below which council-funded care kicks in. What, of course, is not taken into account is that if family provide 'free' care, or even if they are 'paid' by their caree (informally), these carers are taken out of the workforce, i...
I see no reason to be concerned as if anything were to happen to me at least someone would be informed about my wife. I have only divulged as much as I need to in order to ensure that.
According to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40560827 Unpaid carers save the UK economy almost £60bn a year, suggests a new analysis of official figures by the Office of National Statistics. About 8% of the UK population living in private households acted as informal carers last year, Dep...
I find it a little depressing but not surprising to read about the ‘uselessness’ of Social Workers (SWs). So, in their support and based upon my experiences and those of my ex colleagues, I would suggest that, in general, sometimes/often clients expect too much of them (SWs that is). Quite often tha...