[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Fiddlesticks indeed!! Have you considered hospice at home, palliative care -usually initiated by the local gp? It's all too much for a single person to care for a loved one 24/7. Even with four, double-handed care visits a day and district nurses, it was exhausting for me to manage mum's care. Palli...
Welcome from another crew member. I just wanted to add that as a British citizen who lived abroad for 30+ years and came back to look after mum and advocate for her, that I would need to wait two years before I would qualify for the pittance that is carers allowance! She was dead within 13 months!
Top priority is your father's health and Bowlingbun's suggestions sound appropriate to me. My experience of my hospital's PALS set-up leaves much to be desired. As a long term measure you may want to consult a medical negligence solicitor if your father has received care of a standard that falls bel...
Not only a great list but a list to use to ponder what the consequences are if these activities of daily living do not get done in a timely, safe and complete and dependable manner and then use the outcomes as basis for social needs assessments and request. Very useful!
Very sorry to hear of Babybird's loss. Whilst you may help others with your comment about hindsight, please try to be kind to yourself during this difficult time.
Is your father having any physical therapy or occupational therapy in hospital? I would advise asking for the occupational therapists to do an assessment of your father's home and put in a care package to meet his present needs, including hospital bed, recliner, commode etc. Has anyone spoken about ...
From my knowledge of Parkinson's disease and attending The Parkinson's Institute in California as a patient, I dont think your helping your husband will make his disease progress faster. I'm told that it is important to exercise and keep moving. I don't think it serves any purpose to insist he does ...
Palliative care and hospice understand living the best with cancer and offer support for patient and family, during the illness and afterwards.
It's not until you take on a caring role that you realise how draining it can be. Nothing difficult you say but you are doing a lot. Please don't say that you are JUST doing the shopping, cooking, cleaning - it minimises/belittles your efforts. I found I hated the time it took to give mum her meds. ...
Thank you Michael for your reply. I wanted to share my experiences with you and fellow carers. It's important to inform others of our poor discharges and assess trends. As I am consulting solicitors regarding my mother's multiple inappropriate discharges which contributed to her subsequent demise, I...