Thank you all for sharing. I suppose these carers are not any worse than yours! We will be changing companies due to fraudulent billing and documentation practices I raised in a safeguarding case. We'll have to see how we fare with whomever we get next!
Henrietta, Mum has sufficient savings at the moment that we didn't see any point telling the council all mums business. I'd thought that going through the council for the care would likely be less expensive than finding a private care company, so that's why we've gone with them.
Thank you Henrietta and Bowlingbun. The LA financial assessment form, that we didn't complete had a general information front page which asked for a signature. It was under the statement that the applicant agreed to pay the full cost of care. It had a note to say if you want to know what that cost w...
We never received anything from the LA. If we had, would the LA have required mum to have signed agreeing to the LA's findings, or would they have taken the signature on the financial assessment as being evidence of a contract for services? Again, mum never did complete the assessment.
As you mayy remember, mum came out of hospital with a discharge to assess care package and was later assessed for a long term care package. Mum never completed a financial assessment and hasn't signed anything. She will be paying the council for her care. Just what sort of written contract did your ...
I wouldn't worry about the whereabouts of your Nan's bank accounts, financial statements. The authorities can sort that out later. The important thing is to ease the burden on you and to get her into alternative care without delay.
Thanks for your advice. As it turns out I had more issues with carers missing two visits, leaving mum from midday to the next morning without carer. Also council manager called to say how the agency was upset and I should look the other way when they visited, give meds myself or I could always go pr...
Mum has a urinary catheter for which she uses a leg bag during the day and a night bag is attached to day bag overnight. With the lastest lots of leg bags, the urine either just doesn't flow into the day bag or, it fills up the leg bag like a balloon but doesn't empty into the leg bag, even with no ...
Christmas can be a really hard time, even without illness and trips to a&e. Illnesses just don't go away for Christmas and a&e rooms are getting overwhelmed with demand these days.. I do hope your husband gets over the infection. Perhaps the doctor may be able to prescribe something for the depressi...
You are being entirely reasonable. He needs more professional 24 hour assistance and you need to take care of your own health. Big hugs from me too.