Interestingly, it's Thanksgiving Day in America tomorrow. Enjoy your day!
Have you contacted your LA councillor? I'd probably speak to them first. I'd want to analyze what the core issues are, with some key examples and what you would propose happen to help you and your mother. Am I right in thinking that the employed staff in social services take direction from the elect...
Just a thought here. Mum's got a lockbox fitted by the LA. It's used for the carers. I've given out the code to district nurses and doctor. Even though your friend is welcome by your mother, it might be that the carers have a duty to the LA (if that's who's assigned them to your mum) to report non-m...
To qualify for LA assistance one would need to complete their financial assessment form and sign you had completed the form honestly. I assume they could check property tax records and if you had sold property recently. Further they could check any income, dividends and benefits received through you...
So sorry you are in this position. How can the advocate/social worker alone be in a position to say with any medical certainty/legal weight that your mother has full capacity?
Yes. the LA is in the middle. They add on an annual administration fee of £280 to the cost of care. I got the impression that going through the LA meant an overall lower negotiated rate by the borough and the care company than would be offered to mum as a private client. Since Mum has savings and a ...
It's a catchy title but how many potential viewers won't watch because they think they'll never get dementia so it will never apply to them?
I hate that they call it " the dementia tax" when the costs apply to all those needing nursing home care, or care at home for that matter. It makes it seem applicable to only those suffering from dementia when it really applies to a much larger population!
Bowlingbun is right. The invoice for care will come from mum's LA.
I just spoke to the manager and sorted things out for now. Does anyone know how the care companies bill the local authorities? In particular, the LA originally set mum up with 4 visits each with 2 carers. In reality, 90℅ of the time there is just one carer each visit. This is quite satisfactory with...