It brings up a question I expressed last week. I asked how Carers UK scrutinized the issues raised here and used that analysis to formulate its project plans. Having the forum is great. And it would be nice to know if there's a database derived from the input here? Is it in anyway being used in conj...
Yes, you do Chris! That's one beauty of this site, putting a single example in context of the bigger picture, and seeing patterns/trends.
I often watch tv programs on subjects I'm hardly likely to do, cakes I'm not going to bake. I climb Mount Everest from my armchair! Often i get more satisfaction from those shows than I do from Victoria Derbyshire and her informative show. For all we know the apparently unenthused woman may have onc...
I just read Michael's announcement on a now closed thread about someone having been barred from the site for six weeks having posted an inappropriate item. I thank Michael for his explanations. The title of the post was contrary to the Carers UK guidelines. I suppose my question I'm raising now is, ...
Great shame to have lost you.
Absolutely dreadful. Wouldn't surprise me if the hospital has posters banded about describing its 'carers charter' which states how family will be involved in the discharge process.I

Thanks for posting.
Yes. Im showing my age remembering local authority grants.
The allure of care giving versus world travels for gap year. I know which one I'd go for!
They didnt like it when I told the responding ambulance staff that the LA must have assessed the financial risk and decided it was cost effective in the long run to have emergency services deal with blocked urinary catheters at two in the morning rather than provide district nurses 24/7. One time th...
Thanks, Michael. I'm hoping you scrutinize the posts for carer issues too, like getting transport, falsification of paid carers' careplan records, preparing home for patient discharges, difficulty in getting CHC, postcode lotteries, and use that data when devising projects and interacting with gover...