The carers ought to know that hurrying up an older caree with memory problems and can't walk or speak is bound to frustrate her. I'd be frustrated too!
Yet another thought! The fact that the ambulance service's insurance company has made an offer, albeit unacceptable, marks a big positive step forward. Now the negotiations begin. Make sure you wait until you know the full long term impact of the injury before settling.
Did you say earlier that you had been paying the carer whilst your father was in hospital? You can also put that down as an expense. Whether you'd get all of that back is hard to say, but depending on the contract with the carer and what would be reasonable in terms of not wanting to lose the carer ...
Exactly. When mum had rehabilitation at home nothing actually happened, so I'd be curious as to whether or not the rehab was useful in Faye's father's case.
Sorry, I didn't make my thoughts clear.Your solicitor will be able to advise. There's pain and suffering (physical and mental) as a result of their negligence, your father's loss of his quiet enjoyment of his life, your actual additional expenses (travel, mileage, parking, loss earnings) and future ...
£1000 is indeed an insult but that's just insurance companies' standard operating procedure!
The LA was very keen for mum tto accept direct payments when I complained. We insisted the LA arrange the care and mum reimbursed them at the LA rate. Way too much hastle to employ your own carer!
Stephen, I suppose you could always take your dear mum along for a mother and child spot!
My lawyer friend has explained that reasonable accommodation is assessed on a case by case basis, dependent on time and cost. She reckons the cost to delineate parking spaces for entire lot and police the disabled spots would be deemed unreasonable and ultimately would be for a court to decide!
I came back from America to look after my mother. I found I couldn't claim carers allowance until I d been in the UK for two years, per government website information.