[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Please. 100% perfect world, etc, etc. If it were a perfect world we would not be on this site! The reason behind 2 carers is to save the carers backs during transfer. One can be 94 and still have one's senses as is the case for my mother. Most of her carers spend most of the visit talking loudly ove...
I've been caring for mum at home for about a month. We have 2 agency staff four times a day. More often than not, the staff talk to each other 80% of the time about anything and everything and rarely involve mum in their conversation. I have complained to the agency management but little has changed...
I'm a member of the mental health advisory board for a rural county in California. Calling around for a bed in a mental health facility in California is common place. Beds may be several hundred miles away from home and very difficult to find. I can't help but think that all these documentary progra...
Currently my 94 year old mum is on a pilot evaluation program through the local borough and hospital. She is yet to be assigned to a care program long term. If she goes with the local authority-provided care agency, how easy is it to switch between them and a private care provider AND BACK AGAIN if ...
Thank you again. Considering the "carer's" response, I don't believe the inexperienced carer has been trained by the agency with regard to confidentiality. I think the agency is at fault for not training. This ties in with my earlier post regarding required minimum levels of training/certification f...
One of the agency carers looking after my mother read a calendar of events sheet from a visually impaired club that Mum used to attend. The carer's mother volunteers at the club. The carer has told her mum and also another client (Cyril) whom she takes shopping that she knows my mum as a result of h...