[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Perhaps there is a valid element of fear of coming down with another bout of pneumonia, difficulty swallowing, etc. Mum has been extremely cautious about walking on uneven pavement, pointing out each little crack in the pavement or fear of walking in the garden. She never wanted to fall and fracture...
Both my friend in Florida and I have to spell out F O O D and W A L K otherwise our dogs will get excited. Now I think they are recognising how the words are spelled! My dog is really good at knowing when it's food time and needs to adjust each time the clocks are changed.
Thank you Henrietta for the detailed description and website link. I'm meeting the OT at the hospital today to review what's available and try them out on mum. Apparently the local council is wanting to phase out the use of the Cricket transfer device, perhaps because it is best used by two people i...
my 94 year old mum is returning from hospital shortly. she already has a Cricket 2 transfer device. The care plan says she needs 2 carers to transfer her. Are there alternatives using only one person? Mum is almost bed bound. Does it take two "carers" to look after her? Mum and I really don't want a...
Many, many thanks for your heartfelt responses. I spoke to mums gp who said he'd refer mum for palliative care. Is this the same as continuing healthcare? Do you know if this care will be covered by the NHS?
I'm looking for your input regarding seeking end of life care (hospice) for my 94 year old mum who has been in and out of hospital with a urinary tract infection, low sodium and is now very weak and wishes she could end it all. In the last ten weeks she has had a severe uti (with shaking & mental he...
I too must be one of those angry relatives. What an inconvenience we must be. I was told by one agency staff member that I was interrupting her when I was explaining to her how mum had a job swallowing and the worker was bullying mum to drink a cup of water there and then.
And I thought it was Walter, the fa?ting dog! I needed a good smile. Thank you.
Henrietta, Thank you for posting the link to the video. Very moving.
I was going to say that carers who need a job with the public where they can talk should go into the restaurant or coffee shop business, but then those workers have no time to talk to each other because they're too busy serving people!