Having been referred by an nhs consultant to MIND, had a screening meeting face to face, told I'd be notified of the outcome within a week, it is now three weeks since the meeting and I haven't heard whether or not MIND will see me! I'm overwhelmed by the confidence I have in them and wonder if anyo...
I would have thought that's the very sort of thing the district nurses ought to be doing. Do you know who ordered the district nurses in the first place. I'd suggest she contact her GP. GPs usually coordinate district nurses' activities. The medics will have a far worse situation to deal with if tho...
Have you viewed the cqc audit report, available online, to see what the findings were? I've not had experience of a care home being rated inadequate but one of mum's home care agencies was. The actual care seemed pretty decent. In mum's agency there were deficiencies mainly in management rather than...
I hope you have space for all those pads! Did they come with reorder inf and phone number of the supply house. If so perhaps you could see if they supply more absorbent ones and see if they could contact your mum's gp to get the prescription changed. I dont advocate your selling any.
You might consider talking to a no win no fee medical negligence lawyer about this. You might never get an apology from the NHS but they will take heed of a valid legal claim.
The district nurse also ordered a comfortable electric recline to stand chair for mum. It had a special pressure relieving seat/legrest.

Certainly mum's district nurses kept on top of her bedsore and created a big fuss after it had worsened during a short stay in hospital!
Mum's district nurses used Proshield cream and special cushioned wound dressings. The GP also prescribed E45. A health care assistant in hospital liked the E45 lotion that came in a red-topped container.
Marian, I went through a steep learning curve, as most do, when I came back to live with mum. Still learning how medical negligence lawsuits work 14 months after she died. I'm pleased you found my post helpful. Usually somebody will have something to offer here. Collectively we've encountered a lot,...
Fingers crossed too!
It says a lot for the moderator to have removed the advertising link. Since this post was the first one by this person (read would be advertiser), I am surprised the moderator hasn't removed the post in its entirety!