<t>I've been a full time carer for my boyfriend since I moved in with him, thanks to an anasthetic that badly affected his M.E. He also has severe mental health problems which are on going.<br/> <br/> I've been considering the prospect of returning to paid employment, probably not full time but enou...
Rants are fine, sometimes we just need to explode to someone who understands. My partner has bipolar and physical health problems too... my parents are already disapproving of me being in a gay relationship, and we can't hide the wheelchair, but we are hiding the mental health problems simply becaus...
<t>My partner has been on lithium for his bipolar, he has bipolar type 2 rapid cycling. The lithium has caused severe physical side effects and his psychiatrist is taking him off it, in order that he can go onto something else.<br/> He's been on 600mg lithium daily, this has been reduced down to 400...
<t>Thank you to everyone who's welcomed me. Things are getting tough, my partner has started to drop the dosage of the medication in question (lithium) and he's getting quite unstable - he has rapid cycling bipolar so we're getting mania, depression and paranoia all hitting us in quick succession. H...
<t>Hello, I'm new to Carer's UK, I care for my partner, who has multiple physical and mental health problems, most of the time he isn't seriously ill but in the New Year he's got to come off some medication and I'm basically trying to find some support networks to help me deal with a stressful and f...