[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Please support the following Petitions; End the social care crisis so no-one has to sell their home to pay for dementia care https://www.change.org/p/the-new-prime-minister-of-the-united-kingdom-boris-johnson-or-jeremy-hunt-end-the-social-care-crisis-so-no-one-has-to-sell-their-home-to-pay-for-demen...
Have you considered a care home? I’m sorry you are having to deal with this nonsense! I wish I could provide more suggestions. Don't worry Leah, you're suggestions are gratefully received. My Mum was in a Care Home, the Stroke Consultant pressured me in putting her in one as he stressed she needed ...
Have you considered a care home? I’m sorry you are having to deal with this nonsense! I wish I could provide more suggestions. Don't worry Leah, you're suggestions are gratefully received. My Mum was in a Care Home, the Stroke Consultant pressured me in putting her in one as he stressed she needed ...
Go with your gut feeling as much as possible. Can you change to the other care company or not? £3 is not a huge difference in price. Also complain politely. For anything more than £10 you need to be able to trust most of the support workers if not all. I appreciate what you're saying Leah. My Mum n...
Go with your gut feeling as much as possible. Can you change to the other care company or not? £3 is not a huge difference in price. Also complain politely. For anything more than £10 you need to be able to trust most of the support workers if not all. I appreciate what you're saying Leah. My Mum n...
My Mum has had the current Care Agency since 2015. They have caused no end of problems discriminating, ignoring + disrespecting my involvement. To the extent of failing to inform a lot more sooner of my Mum's loss of weight, as I'd noticed for at least the past couple of years her reduction in food ...
The combination of not eating, weight loss and swollen abdomen suggests bowel problems sorry I am not an doctor or expert but do have a lot of experience. So a scan is the first thing they should be doing. It is very common for the elderly to have bowel problems, constipation due to medication or o...
That's disgraceful, blatant ageism. Mum should at very least have a scan to confirm such a serious diagnosis, so that measures can be put in place to give her all the support she needs. Or has a consultant already made a diagnosis but not All told you? All tests came back negative. The named GP was...
You do need to go back to Social Services, to get better care. Might be worth explaining about the urgency, given the 4 stone loss. I'd also ask for another Continuing Healthcare Assessment, this sort of weight loss should raise alarm bells, surely? What does mum weigh now? How old is she? My next ...
I have been contacted by the Care Agency recently, as they are demanding a Review. I asked them what it's for and why now. Besides them saying they're going round their Client's doing reviews, the Care Co-ordinator stated to update my Mum's weight amongst other things; they know full well it's impos...