I'm in contact with the Communications Ombudsman due to difficulties with BT. Having had a crackling landline for some time now, ie around 3 years on and off. I got in touch with BT on and off throughout the time. Who stressed me out no end, to the extent of instructing me (on a web-chat, who were e...
What exactly is the centre saying you need to buy so your mum can go to the day centre? Day Centre informed us around 2015 my Mum needed a new changing bed for them to hoist my Mum for showers. Social worker insisted we had to pay, as Mum's self-funding. Which we refused, as Mum has all equipment p...
The day centre, does, after all have a duty to "make reasonable adjustments" for disabled people. It certainly seems as if your local authority hasn't read all the rules and regs. laid down by government. Unfortunately our 'local authority' make their own rules. Sick + tired of being messed about b...
Did anyone sign an agreement for the equipment? My husband has powered a wheelchair that belongs to wheelchair services. He had to sign a lengthy agreement. Which has many stipulations. So the wheelchair is only on loan. Your situation sound much the same. I don't recall any agreement signed. Just ...
Melly1 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi Butterfly,

Sorry you are still having battles.

How mad, if it's a "custom built wheelchair" it won't suit anybody else, anyway.

Melly1
Exactly! But in their blinkered proceedures/systems they don't have any room for common-sense
My Mum's been provided with a custom built wheelchair by the local Posture & Mobility Clinic. The criteria being she attends Day Centre. Which she has been unable to go to due to equipment social services insisted we pay for, when she has all the equipment needed to stay in her own home. Now the Day...
Just came across the following article; Blue badge scheme to provide ‘lifeline’ for mentally ill people Permit to park freely extended to those with ‘hidden conditions’, including autism https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/29/blue-badge-scheme-changes-disabled-parking-mentally-ill-isolation
Both my Mum and I have been sent letters about E.ON wanting to come out to install smart meters. Are they worth it?
One link which may be of assistance here ... Pohwer ... a nationwide advocacy service : https://www.pohwer.net/Pages/Category/in-your-area If the local LA pointed you to a particular local advocacy service company , the question of a potential conflict of interest may arise despite " Chinese walls ...
My recommendation is twofold. Firstly , after reading the link supplied in my previous posting , decide on what YOU want from a Carers Assessment. Only YOU can decide that from the problems faced in your own circumstances. Beyond offering some form of support ... free or otherwise ... little else t...