Thing is they talk me round to their way of how it all works; they actually talk me down, insist my Mother has mental capacity, like it's a competition they have to be right. Their logic stinks. I have proof from an independent source who has been looking into my Mother's care fees situation ie NHS ...
I have Power of Attorney for Health + Welfare. Just social workers all along plus now my Mother's advocate claim + insist she has full capacity. Which I have known for some time that's disputable. Very frustrating, as all concerned are against me. All my Mother want to do is die.
Hi Guys. My Mother suffered Strokes 2012, and now has Alzhiemers/Dementia. She supposedly has advocacy - how independent they claim to be is the question. Both her advocate and social worker have been at her house, without me being there, even though I have Power of Attorney. I'm concerned that they...
Found this on Twitter. Hope something positive comes of it. CHC Alliance‏ @CHC_alliance Nov 16 Delighted that @normanlamb has secured a #parliamentary debate on NHS #CHC ! Urgent improvements needed to help those in need of NHS CHC- the most vulnerable, sick and disabled people in society. 1 reply ....
Hi Bowlingbun. I've looked on the Health & Care Professions council website (HCPC). Curiosity made me look up my advocacy support worker's name; who I was shocked to see is on there. Looks to me like conflict of interest. As he is supposed to be supporting me with my Mother's social worker. I've alw...
Hi Guys. What exactly needs going on a Care Plan? As social workers all along haven't involved me, and haven't adequately filled in care plans. And included nonsense ie what they thought necessary but was rubbish - actually stating my Mother wanted me to 'take a back seat' in her involvement. My Mot...
Update on situation: So my advocate wasn't much help. He emailed repeating yet again how HE'S concerned about my Mother's wellbeing with her not going to Day Centre (even when I told him I take my Mother to a group on a Wednesday - they hear what they want, just like social workers) and that there's...
Update: I've had the courage of phoning Mind Head Office about this. As under the Care Act and with the advocate involved with Mind - pigs are training to fly more like - who assured me they could help me all they can, I'm trying to get them to help me deal with things. I can't let this go; especial...
Hi guys. My advocacy support worker is proving more than difficult to get help and support with. He has been pressuring me for some time now to finalize my Mother's care plan. Initially it was with a view to getting my Mother back to Day Centre, now I'm feeling he's exasperated with how things are t...
Hi thanks for response. I've emailed my advocate stressing he understands + support me with things - fingers crossed he does otherwise I will be very firm with him. I will bar entry to the social worker next week if he does come over - telling him legal adviser involved. I don't hold out much hope w...