I have sent the final letter of response of complaint I put in to the local authority to the Local Government Ombudsman. Just hope they're interested in helping. Tired of going round in circles. When I need all my energies supporting my Mother and maintaining my sanity with such unhelpful officials/...
Hi there. I have tried push to get the social worker to get my Mother back to the Day Centre she loved going to for so long - they won't budge. Initially they pressured us to pay for equipment, now the excuse is they don't have the space. And the last excuse is about staffing. Where my Mother used t...
Hi there. My Mother used to go to a Day Centre, which she'd been going to for over 15 years. She kept going even when she'd suffered with severe Strokes, which have limited her mobility - they accommodated everything. Now an organization has took over the running of this Day Centre from the local au...
Hi there. My Mother has been prevented from accessing Day Centre she had been going to for over 15 years, due to equipment issues (the social worker tried to forced us to buy equipment the council supplies my Mother equipment with anyway ie hoist, hospital bed, comode). And now the issue seems to be...
Hi there. Just wondering how other Carers have been treated by the Local Authority/Adult Care Services/Social Worker/Care Agency's involvement? As I have been constantly undermined, dictated to, threatened, bullied, make to feel like my involvement doesn't count. The previous social worker constantl...
Hi there. I have Power of Attorney for my Mother's situation, due to her having suffered severe Strokes. The Office of the Public Guardian have investigated me, and have stressed Mental Capacity etc. I constantly involve my Mother in everything in her life and care and do everything what my Mother w...
I also asked the Consultant, still didn't get anywhere.
Hi there. I got referred to the local Mental Health Services at the hospital last year, and am in the process of Benefits Appeals. I've been recommended to get a copy of the referral for supporting evidence of my situation. I spoke to the original GP who referred me, who told me to put it in writing...
Hi Guys. I've just joined. I'm a carer for my Mother who suffered severe Strokes May 2012, who has lost her independence, needs hoisting, uses a wheelchair, has Dementia + onset of Alzheimers'. My Mother is having to pay all her care fees, due to failings in officials' systems not been able to quali...