Just came across the following article; Blue badge scheme to provide ‘lifeline’ for mentally ill people Permit to park freely extended to those with ‘hidden conditions’, including autism https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/29/blue-badge-scheme-changes-disabled-parking-mentally-ill-isolation
Both my Mum and I have been sent letters about E.ON wanting to come out to install smart meters. Are they worth it?
One link which may be of assistance here ... Pohwer ... a nationwide advocacy service : https://www.pohwer.net/Pages/Category/in-your-area If the local LA pointed you to a particular local advocacy service company , the question of a potential conflict of interest may arise despite " Chinese walls ...
My recommendation is twofold. Firstly , after reading the link supplied in my previous posting , decide on what YOU want from a Carers Assessment. Only YOU can decide that from the problems faced in your own circumstances. Beyond offering some form of support ... free or otherwise ... little else t...
A good one ! Numerous recommendations under the Care Act for how carers should be treated when it comes to an assessment. Unfortunately , recommendations are precisely ... recommendations ... nothing that would be legally binding on a LA unless court action is taken. A Carers Assessment is governed...
Anybody heard of Carers Assessment and Care Act Assessment and know what's the difference? As I've been going round in circles trying to get the right support and have approached the Advocacy Service asking them to clarify and they have told me to ask the local Adult Care - beyond belief! So much fo...
Just found mental health petition online: Make it compulsory to have a mental health first aider at work #wheresyourheadat Please join me in calling on Sarah Newton, the Minister of State for Disabled People, Health and Work to commit to updating the Health and Safety At Work Act to ensure that busi...
Who are you complaining to? I have advocacy arranged by the County Council to deal with my complaints against them and the care provider. So it's the Council, not the care provider, you should complain to about not meeting the Care Act requirements. If they don't or won't comply, go to the Ombudsma...
bowlingbun wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:13 am
Push for the DST to address the current issues.
Then deal with the previously paid fees later.
The CHC nurse said nothing had changed, so they get round that to avoid current issues. Plus the advocate was useless at the meeting
Hi there. I was lead to believe by the local Advocacy Service that I could get 'all the help I needed'. Then on another occasion that it was limited according to the new Carers' Care Act - which is supposedly very narrow indeed. After extensively trying to communicate and not able to be heard by the...