[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
All of the government Ombudsman services including the tribunal services ombudsman are not independent. In the legal sense and using common sense which is the majority of law anyway, there is no way those government ombudsmen are independent because they are full of ex government employees and they ...
I like your honest view of these things Chris, same as mine. Call a spade a spade. Dealing with these serial council workers is like trying to catch a well greased pig. When you yourself are feeling very ill and providing care to another very ill person, we don't need this kind of nightmare from peo...
This is what having severe disabilities means today. The people who are paid to support you and paid to look after you treat you so grossly unprofessionally. Using a fake disabled needs in housing report to blackmail us into leaving our home was very nasty. We didn't even know it had been fabricated...
Thanks Chris. The local government ombudsman service took 2 years to take up our last case. Because they had a massive backlog they rejected our complaint after ten days without looking at it. Considering the housing ombudsman took 6 months studying our case to judge in favour of our complaint. But ...
The local council responsible of adult social care here have a separate arm in-house that deals with all of the financial side of the care services. Although I was eventually reassessed early last year (already assessed as a vulnerable adult), the total nightmare created by the financial arm was too...
I had the misfortune to have use hospital transport last summer, there was no discernible suspension to the vehicle, my seat was just a hard uncushioned seat in the back and my wife was in her wheelchair. It was the same model of vehicle there and back but two different vehicles and the ride was eq...
We had to stop using the park and ride into Oxford when I was an outpatient at the John Radcliff and NHS Nuffield hospitals. The way the buses slammed us hard on every pothole and sunken gully was too much. We were in no fit state for the clinics when I arrived. Using normal buses in this town isnt ...
The Disabled Facilities Grant is available for private homeowners and tenants. Getting it is another matter. Our local government claim about £2 million from central government every year but only spend 20% of it on much needed home adaptations for disabilities. The rest of the money they spend on t...
Safeguarding in the community is not just about the person receiving care it is about the carer too.
I think a phone call to adult social care is due. Violence has no place in the home whatever the situation.
Trouble is , Colin , just one arm ... the whole body needs urgent attention. There are no fixes for government policy or inaction unless the whole system changes, but we can at least give some help to the homeless. The local government policy of blaming homeless people for being homeless is a pathe...