[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Alleluia-A conservative U turn- all be it with an unknown cap. Seems I wasn't the only one contacting my MP over the weekend. No figures of the social care cap have been given plus a home still seems to be included in the value for assessment, so although it is being stated as a U turn it's still d...
I am losing the will here- where is everybody? This is one of the most important changes in our welfare system probably in the last 20 or 30 years. Mega changes for many people and far reaching consequences. This is a forum for carers, one of the only ones left-why is it so quiet? Are we all scared...
I'm surprised the forums are not full of either people worried or angry by the proposed Tory care plan. I said this to a friend and they stated that the majority are not carers and stuck in a worrying position! It's basically an inheritance raid. I think more elderly family members will get dumped, ...
One of the newspapers highlighted this link. It's from the Instute of Fiscal Studies. It gives a breakdown. http://election2017.ifs.org.uk/article/social-care-a-step-forwards-or-a-step-backwards https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/may/19/conservative-tory-social-care-plans-institute-for-fiscal-...
Re: Social Care costs. The DWP has gone £200bn over budget hiring two firms to administrator PIP. Look at the misery PIP has brought. :( That money could have been spent better elsewhere. Why don't the Tories go after getting corporation tax from big businesses? Amazon etc. Why perhaps because "Ther...
The Tories new care costs proposals are dreadfully depressing. If you own your own house but have hardly any savings you find find yourself in a dreadful position of not affording care, but having a roof over your head. Clearly, it has been thought out by someone who has never been in a caring posit...