[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
What is mum's financial situation? Does she have over £23,000? In this case she should be paying you now for the care you provide. If not, then Social Services should be paying you via Direct Payments and/or arranging a "sitting service" so you can have some dedicated "me" time. Is she receiving di...
Hi Daffy, Perhaps get a part time morning job then, whilst your Mum is sleeping, then go home to ensure she gets up. You'll still have time for an afternoon class/club whilst she has her afternoon nap! Or since hubby is at home in the evenings you could leave them both snoozing and go out to a clas...
Definitely sounds like mum is having too much medication! However, maybe her not having it would place her in a difficult situation? As for yourself, try to join some club, group or society outside the home. Wish I'd done this, I was widowed at 54 and had no real support, as I worked for my husband...
My mum is in her early 70's. She goes to sleep at 11pm and sleeps till about 12.30pfm. I encourage her to get up most days. She's then awake about 3 hours before falling asleep again in the afternoon for about and hour or so. If I left her she would sleep most of the afternoon as well. She also ofte...
If the book only comes up with individual reasons for particular individuals, it can't be worth reading as it won't apply to anyone other than the case studies in the book! It is normal to read a book before one criticizes it. I am trying to help OP. I stated previously there is a free pdf, which c...
Daffy, out of interest, what answer does that book come up with? So, what does the book say?!! I'm not going to give a synopsis, as each individual gets something different out a book. The reviews are pretty excellent on amazon. I've just noticed that there is a fee pdf of this book if one does a s...
See if you can get a cheap copy of "Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men" by Brancroft. He does sound manipulative and abusive. Also have a search "abuse" on https://www.psychologytoday.com/us. I suffered 10 years of extreme domestic abuse. It just took me a while to g...
Oh dear , a politician being quoted as to future policy ? https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/mar/20/jeremy-hunt-confirms-individual-costs-for-social-care-capped Jeremy Hunt confirms individual costs for social care to be capped. Health secretary tells social workers conference the current cha...
Clearly, he is a troubled man and you can't fix that. Escape is best as one day he may turn his anger outward instead of inward.
I suspect it hurts as you been through a lot.
You need to be free.
An extract from Frances Ryan's article in today's Guardian. Classic case of to post or not to post given the uncertainty of the Government's proposals. However , I leave that judgement to the reader given we are talking of our position : The country is about to face a “staggering increase” in the c...