[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you for the replies. I am pretty clueless when it comes to private pensions.
It looks like i shall have to do a substantial amount of research to find a good provider, with low charges and the ability to halt payments.
Does anyone know of any providers who are worth looking into?
Hi
I’m considering starting work again. I’m aware one can go under £120 a week by paying into a private pension but at the age of 52 I’m wondering what such a pension would be worth by the time I reach pension age.
Does anyone have some charts or recommendations for good providers?
Do we not have a low enough income to benefit from a savings scheme?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ave-scheme
Thank you
Hi Daffy In most areas you can now self refer for a FREE (nhs) form of counselling called cbt. Just Google your area and cbt and it should pop straight up. It's simple to fill in a form and , depending on severity, they may offer on line, telephone or face to face. I'd suggest you stress the impact...
Definitely try counselling. I had some via the carers organisation locally, but no one told me it was for a limited number of sessions, and then the counsellor left. Now I see someone privately, which I can just about afford. Helen is lovely and I always feel supported and strengthened when I leave...
Sadly that's true, I too spent too long trying to please others, I have many regrets now. Have you thought about asking for counselling? It made a huge difference to me, I think someone else giving me permission to put myself first without feeling guilty was so helpful. In your mum's tiny world, on...
Surely she qualifies for highest Attendance Allowance now. Are you aware of NHS Continuing Healthcare, which might fund all the care she needs, either at home or in a care home? I just feel that you are in effect almost being held hostage in your home. She gets the lower rate of AA. It been over a ...
Surely she qualifies for highest Attendance Allowance now. Are you aware of NHS Continuing Healthcare, which might fund all the care she needs, either at home or in a care home? I just feel that you are in effect almost being held hostage in your home. She gets the lower rate of AA. It been over a ...
Melly1 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:54 pm
Hi,
There is info on Needs assessments, Carer Assessments and direct payments here https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... nd-support

Melly1
Thank you that's a great help.