[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Oh I totally agree, when I came back from my stint in Australia I was full of life and looking forward to renewing my life here in the UK. However with my mother being the way she was and me finding out that she had lied to get me back here, plus that some people had taken advantage of her nature...
Thanks SheWolf for you opinion, Yes I think I was being a bit over sensitive however it just came out. I think if he had just said that he saw the ambulance and was worried I would have been fine about it. I remember when I moved back 3 years ago they thought I had moved in with my mother (in essenc...
<t>Thanks for the support, the paramedics were great and explained everything to mother and that made her feel better.<br/> Yesterday she actually said that this experience wasn't as bad as the last time (when I was living in Australia). I did say that is because I was there and told the staff how m...
<t>Spent the day (Monday) at the hospital, mother didn't feel good and so I rang 111 and they then said that I needed to take her to A&E, I promptly told them about my surgery so they called an ambulance.<br/> Upshot of all this is nothing broken, she has twisted her knee, she also needs to beco...
<t>Sunday was the first day in 2 weeks that mother has ventured outside, that is apart from going to the doctors. So off to do the shopping, good job we didn't need much as I had done a big shop the week before so it was just fresh stuff and mothers books.<br/> She put on her normal performance abou...
<t>Hi thanks all for your support and advice.<br/> To tell you the truth - no I haven't had a carers assessment done but after all the crap I have been through with Government depts. since coming back to this country, I can't be bothered.<br/> The amount of times I have asked for stuff and been told...
<t>Jenny you make it sound worse than it is.<br/> I suppose looking back mother didn't have the best of starts as her mother died at 14 and she had to go to work to help the family finances and as her father was disabled didn't receive much income back in the 40's. He died when she was 19. <br/> She...
(Was she selfish and demanding and self-pitying before you became her carer? Some people are, and therefore don't change - or just get worse! - but some complete 'angels' can turn into monsters once they need someone else to look after them.) In reply to this, yes my mother has always been like thi...
Yes I did have a preop assessment at the hospital and I mentioned that I was my mothers full time carer, didn't make any difference apart from the fact that I had to stay in hospital for the night as there wasn't anyone responsible at home for the first 24 hours. Help what is that and free help, nev...
Thanks Crocus, unfortunately there isn't anyone to help so just have to do it all myself though I am pacing myself. I have to wear the surgical stockings for 6 weeks which is hilarious and am not lifting anything as there isn't much else to do around home http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gi...