Thank you .you are so right in everything you say. Thats the thoughts i do think like why dont they persuade me just to go out to work have my own life and they can get all the help offered to meet all there needs. And exactly they were bringing up a family together at my age so its wrong of them to...
Thank you for this information.they are both on dla so i recieve carers allowance from dwp. I wasnt aware of direct payments or offered carers assesmtent at all.in the my grannys care plan it details that i do all other caring for both her and my granda. My granda refused a care plan for himself did...
I know its very demanding. Its really assumed i will help out with my grannys care. I am a paid carer for my granda which i recieve 62 a week carers allowance for. They dont recieve attendance allowance. Yes i made sure there was a tumble dryer bought when they were getting new kitchen appliances be...
Is it just assumed that you will do all this? Do they have a dishwasher, tumble dryer etc. to make your role easier? Are they both claiming Attendance Allowance? Do they pay you for all the care you provide? I'm really concerned that you are a young person who should be enjoying life. Do you have a...
Is it just assumed that you will do all this? Do they have a dishwasher, tumble dryer etc. to make your role easier? Are they both claiming Attendance Allowance? Do they pay you for all the care you provide? I'm really concerned that you are a young person who should be enjoying life. Do you have a...
Are you left to do everything like cooking and cleaning then? Yes i do all there food shopping make lunch sort their teas out so they can be reheated. Do cleaning.their laundry. Ring order collect medication.help granda with clothes .run errands. Go pay their bills .and be in hand for anything that...
Stacey, has anyone told you that you can't be forced to care? Your grandparents need so much care, really it would be better if they moved into residential care, so you could have a life of your own and they had round the clock care from a team of nurses. Has anyone ever discussed this with you? Hi...
What kind of help do you get? Help from other family members? Help from professional care workers? Are the care needs caused by physical frailty, or is there mental frailty (ie, dementia in some form) in the mix as well. If the latter, that makes things SO much more difficult alas. Hi there.as my g...
Hi Stacey, welcome to the forum. Would you like to tell us a bit more about your grandparents, their ages and what is wrong with them? How old are you? Are you parents unable to help support your grandparents? Hi. Ma grandmother is 84 confined to a hospital bed and she has no mobility.she refuses t...
Primary carer to my grandfather. Give care to granny as well.