[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks BowlingBun,

I have told them and the nurse is trying to sort it all and is constantly contacting the social worker. It just feels like no-one wants what is best for him, it's all about money.

I am starting to see how sick people just end up as 'pawns in a game'. It's very depressing.
Hi, I have been waiting for weeks to get my Dad moved from one nursing home to another in another county. I found one near to me [daughter] and they have held on to the room for 11 weeks now. The county council keep saying it will happen soon but I am losing faith in them. Dad fell 10 days ago in hi...
Hello, I agree that setting yourself up as a private carer/companion could be a good idea. If you are on Facebook then join the local 'Devon Mums' or whatever towns are near you. Also 'Mumsnet and Netmums have threads asking about carers etc. I am on a group local to me and several people are at the...
Hi Ruth, I'm not sure if you will see this message but please private message me if you need to have a rant or I can maybe help you with some ideas. I am in a similar situation to you in helping 2 parents and my Mum has vascular dementia too. It is very hard emotionally and physically to keep it all...
Hi Ruth, I just wanted to quickly say that I have seen your post and am sending 'hugs' your way! I also help both my parents and juggle family and feel tired and torn in both directions. I have siblings but they are both abroad so all the decisions and running around is down to me. You will find som...
Hello,

Thanks for all of your answers. I am in the U.K.

I will check that Dad's PEA is being left in his account as it should be. I was just confused as to whether the home held the amount for him.
Hi BowlingBun, Dad has had a full assessment and they are now taking all of his pension towards his care. I have POA for everything and am in the process of getting access to his bank account so I can make sure he will have enough in his account for the large amounts that will be coming out, and all...
Hello, I wasn't sure just where to post this question so it is here, I am hoping someone may see it. My Dad has now become a 'permanent' resident ' in his nursing home. I just received a letter from the council stating that he will now pay all of his pension [apart from half of his small private one...
Hi Jenny,

I'm sorry to hear that your MIL has now passed, but I am happy for her that she is at peace now.

I hope that you can get some peace for yourself now as you have been so brilliant. Thank you for always giving out good advice on here and for helping so many people xxx
Hi, My Dad spent 7 weeks in hospital with pneumonia. He lost a lot of weight and became very frail. He was still able to walk small distances with a frame though. Before he went in he was walking with his frame, was getting a little forgetful but managed to get about. The hospital discharged him in ...