[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Linda, Sorry to hear about your situation. My Dad was in hospital and we knew he was near the end 8 weeks ago. You need to ask to see someone from the 'integrated discharge team' as soon as possible and they will arrange to get your Dad to the most comfortable place for his needs. Also ask to spe...
Hi Stephen, You are a wonderful son to your father and although very tiring, you will never regret or forget the time that you are spending 'right now' with your father. You are allowing him to go in peace knowing you are there for him to the very end. My Dad died 6 weeks ago. He managed to get his ...
I had a phone call today to ask me how I found the services of the funeral home we used, 2 weeks ago. The girl on the phone was pleasant enough, but it was all so insincere. She was obviously from some call centre or main branch and it took me by surprise. She asked if I would leave a review of my '...
Hello Janet, My Dad was in a nursing home and he frequently had his drinks placed out of reach when someone had taken his meal tray away. It is such a simple thing to do, just put the squash cup/jug back in place, but 90% of the time I would go in and Dad was thirsty with them left over the other si...
My Dad passed away last night. I was with him when he took his last breaths and it was peaceful for him and I was talking to him and telling him I loved him right up until the end. I am so grateful that I got to do that. He had been in hospital for 3 weeks following his 9th bout of pneumonia, and th...
Thanks Chris and Pamela xxx I have tried to get Dad CHC funding, but he didn't qualify. I had forgotten that maybe Age UK could be helpful. I will give them a ring. I hate confrontation, but sadly Dad is not able to complain himself. He is in hospital at the moment again and I almost feel a sense of...
Hi, My Dad has been in his new nursing home for around 5 months. I have seen a gradual decline in the staff numbers and several staff members have admitted that they are struggling to recruit new staff, then when they do people don't stay. There are a few wonderful members of staff that are on a ver...
I am so sorry for your loss xxx

You did so much for your husband and must be exhausted yourself. He is at peace now and I hope you can find some peace soon yourself.

Take good care of yourself, and try to get some rest now xx
Hi Amy, I am a 'sandwich' carer in my 40's who has a Mum with dementia and my Dad in a nursing home. My son is 14 and I also feel guilty and that I am not doing enough for everyone. My friends of the same age don't have any parent issues at the moment so don't understand what it is like. I just thin...
Thank you to both of you, I appreciate your time in answering me. Dad didn't qualify for CHC 6 months ago but gets the nursing element instead. I am going to ask for another assessment once he is in his new home as he is a fair bit weaker now. His needs are definitely medical and not social, but I k...