[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for everyone's supportive words. It was a shock but now that I've had time I can see it in some perspective. Its very true this is a learning process and we do learn from our mistakes, I've certainly learned something valuable. I know that I do my best for my husband and everyone involved in ...
Thanks, for the last 16 months everything has revolved around my husband. He is the first and last thing I think about each and every single day. Everything we do has to revolve around him as he is classed as vulnerable. I think what really panicked me (other than him going missing) was the fact the...
I feel a bit of a failure! To give a bit if a history of what has happened my husband had a acquired brain injury a few years ago. He was in hospital for 22 months but was discharged and has been home now for 16 months we have a care package and a social worker. I'm my husbands full time carer and u...
The support workers are here in a dual role to support with my husbands therapy and to also support me, to give me some respite time, but that doesn't mean they will do tasks from a list unfortunately! All involved in husbands treatment have opted for home based therapy as community based is out of ...
We do have a carer who comes in a couple of times a week, supposedly to give me some time to myself, unfortunately my husband doesn't really want to interact with them and if going out we all end up going. I just sneak away when we are out and have the odd 30 minutes/ hour to myself. I dont mind my ...
My husband doesn't really initiate conversation, with anyone but if I ask him "if he is happy at home or if he appreciates my caring" he is incredibly grateful for all I do for him and he never EVER criticises. Life would be a lot more stressful if he was unappreciative as well as MIL jibes, along w...
Its very iritating to be honest, I dread their telephone calls and often just don't answer the phone unless I know whose calling. I feel bad for having a moan but it is difficult as I dont really have any support of my own. I left work a year ago I do have a friendship group but they all have full t...
Husband would be quite happy to have no visitors at all, but that is unhealthy so that is why family visit, I love my husband and for that reason alone would never deny them visits. Even though MIL berates me, has nasty little jibes about me being selfish and to "think more about her son". Which par...
Thanks for both replies. Family members have been with me when we have spoken to consultants, psychologists and O/Ts so have been told numerous times of his condition and his coping techniques. I think that they had it in their heads that my husband would be fine when he got home and was in familiar...
I'm new to this site but have been full time caring for my husband for a year now. Although caring for him is full time and can be challenging, my issue is with dealing with my in laws. We had very little to do with his side of the family for many many years and although things were cordial with the...