[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks Bowlingbun, I hadn't thought of that. I admit I've been upset since yesterday over this, to begin with the social worker and the support agency manager turned up at my door for this meeting unannounced, and I had no idea it was happening, so I was on the defensive from the start that probably...
Can anyone remind me what the criteria for Patient Transport Service is. To cut a very long story short we were using patient transport before but our old social worker agreed that as it took 2 people to support my husband to hospital appointments he would authorise our support company to help suppo...
Hi We have input from the community rehabilitation team and although we were led to believe that it would be for 6weeks they have been with us for over 12 months now. Our OT is the team led and has been excellent , we have never experienced any problems. Perhaps the lack of communication is more of ...
So this morning, with no prior warning, I had a visit from our social worker basically to say that they had decided that our support package was going to be reduced. My question is.... who would reassess my husbands care needs. I know that neither his GP, Consultant or OT in charge of his care have ...
Thanks Chris I've had a quick look at that link and it looks good, so I'll have a proper read when I get a minute to myself.

Thanks again
Can anyone please give me advice? We have a care package for my husband which was assessed by our old social worker, which was working well for both my husband and myself. The package was put in place to socially access my husband to the local community whilst providing me with some respite time. He...
Hi thanks for your reply, I have literally had only a couple of hours sleep last night, too many thoughts flying around my head to switch off.... which is no good. The only consolation is that we have some support later on today so I can try and rest then!
I have already spoken to a solicitor about applying to the Court of Protection a while ago, and was told that it was a lengthy application form (which they could complete for me) but after completing the application a notice of intent would have to be sent to his son and one other family member who ...
Unfortunately he is no longer able to give consent for PoA. In the past I found out that one of the family had phoned another agency saying that they were me and asked for details. Luckily with that there were security questions and as they did not know the answers they were unable to obtain any inf...
Basically I have been following advise from various professionals regarding things like visiting, restricting activities and numbers of visitors etc. To be honest I ask my husband every time they visit if he wants visitors and 9 times out of 10 he doesn't, but I feel he should have some contact so b...