[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Henriette The GP & IMCA were more than happy that he knew what he wanted, between both of them they visited us half a dozen times and each and every time his answer was exactly the same, didn't change once. So both agreed they felt sure he understood the question, understood he had the option and...
I need to apply for CoP or PoA, hubby has always said that he wants me to deal with his affairs so it was to assess if he understood the difference and ask him what he wanted..... which he did (he told both in no uncertain terms exactly what he wanted).
So has anyone had differing views about mental capacity?

Our GP and a IMCA have both assessed and said that there is mental capacity but the social worker has said that there is no capacity. He is new and is taking this information from a report produced 3 years ago....
Hi Bowlingbun Good to hear from you. Another suggestion, from a well meaning assessor, was to join a women's group the only thing we could find was a local WI group.... I went along to a meeting which made me chuckle the topic of discussion was the best way to make the perfect jam! The ladies were a...
Thanks for replying Jenny and Sam You're right it is good to speak to someone else who is going through/ has been through similar experiences. My husband was in hospital for a year and then moved on to another unit for another year. For the two years he was away there was so much going on I don't th...
So having a bad day/night and feeling sorry for myself!I I'm married, my husband suffered an ABI a few years ago, he lives at home with me but needs 1:1 support 24 hours a day. His injury has left him with very little insight of what has happened to him and how he has been affected but for me my who...
Hi Bowingbun Thanks for your email. I know its none of their business but unfortunately certain members of the family are very money orientated and it has already been suggested that they would want to act jointly in the finance aspect but didn't want to make decisions about his health... apparently...
Hi All I don't know how easy this one will be to answer. So the person I care for had an ABI a few years ago and had several cognition tests which stated he has significant injuries. He is disoriented to time , place and location. If asked about certain things he wants, he is very clear about who he...
This is a little off this particular question but we are having problems with our support company and a friend has suggested a PA instead of the company, as it would give us a little bit more flexibility but I know very little about the subject and we have a very poor social worker. What differences...
I didn't appreciate an unannounced visit so I was annoyed to say the least, also given that I have my own medical issues and I haven't been well myself didn't bode well. Also he announced a cut to our care package and then told me it had already been agreed with the care company. I don't even think ...